www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Wed May 15, 2024 2:46 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Update
PostPosted: Fri Oct 30, 2015 7:19 pm 

Well,

I wore the pocket diaper to work with 3 inserts, as well as undewear, PUL pants and a onsie.. which is more or less my usual premium extended wear setup.. only i was wearing a cloth diaper instead of disposable. The diaper held up well.. when i got home the underwear was wet.. but im guesssing htat was due to compression of the onsie putting pressure on the diaper. I did not have any wet spots on my pants at all. I think absorbency might be better with 4 inserts, and perhaps i wouldn leak if i didnt wear the onesie. I also drank a large cup of coffe this morning. Long story short, I am pleased with the product so far. So much so I went ahead and ordererd 3 more. I discovered that with one insert, it is rougly equivalent to my attends or tena, and able to take a few wettings without leaking or being uncofortable. Which means if i wanted to, i could replace the attends 8 if i didnt' feel like putting on a diaper only to rip a tab off..but i don't think I'll do that. So with 2 inserts, i should be able to trust the diaper outside the house.. so that will save on me having to buy cases of Tena Ultra.

In short, id recommend giving these a try! Just make sure you don't use just one insert unless you are a light to moderate wetter, or plan to operate on a change when wet basis. If you want the diaepr to last for a few hours, 2 or 3 would be best. . The person who maeks them is completly incontent and she uses 4 inserts during the day. The diaper can hold up to 8.. i think that would make for a superabsorbent night diaper.. but it would be so bulky you couldnt fit pants over it.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 11:32 pm 

Pockets tend to wick around the leg openings. Is the outer covering PUL or minkie? What about the lining material?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:18 am 

MSU,

Yes, i have noticed wicking around the leg bands..which is only a slight annoyance. I really have NO other complaints. Every time i have worn the diaper my pants have stayed dry overall.. The wicking can be remedied by wearing a cover over the diaper. The outer cover is PUL. The lining material is athetic wicking jersy, i think, or microfiber..one of the two. Whatever it is, it works fairly well in keeping urine from my skin. Of the times i wore this and wet in it... I was aware more or less of a wet feeling, but it wasn't as uncomfortable as wearing wet underwear, and I'd venture to guess that it would be drier and more comfortable than your garden variety cloth diaper.

So far, other than the wicking issue, and the somewhat-wet-feeling.. that goes away over time, I am very pleased so far with this product. The desinger made them well. The best part is that these cloth diapers look a LOT closer to regular underwear than your garden vareity disposable.
I cant say enough about these diapers..and i eagerly look forward for the 3 i ordered a day or two ago to arrive. I have 3 new prints pn the diapers.. one has blue flames, one has some spaceships on it, and one has foreign currency on it.. interesting eh?

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Tue Nov 03, 2015 4:32 pm 

MSUSpartan wrote:
Pockets tend to wick around the leg openings. Is the outer covering PUL or minkie? What about the lining material?

Can you please translate that for those of us not yet converted?

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Wed Nov 04, 2015 11:07 pm 

PUL is polyurethane laminate, usually on nylon. It's a material with a waterproof backing, and smooth surface. Minkie is very similar (although I think the application process is different), but the face of the material is velvety. It fells softer against the skin than PUL, but it can get wet, because it's plush, and seems to contribute to wicking IMHO.

The lining on pocket diapers can be cotton, bamboo, microfleece, microsuede, or a polyester/elastic blend.

My son wore pocket diapers of varying types, so I'm pretty familiar.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 09, 2015 11:44 pm 

Spartan, thank you for the reply! :) None of my kids wore cloth, and I don't right now, but I have toyed with the idea....

Marcus Aurelius