www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:59 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Oct 05, 2015 10:33 pm 

I sleep through the accidents, but from what I can tell it's usually a large amount. I have no idea if it's one big occurrence, or many smaller ones throughout the night.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:20 pm 

If it's a fairly large amount, the pull on style products probably aren't going to cut it.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:01 pm 

I made a bigger deal about my incontinence than my wife did. I never had any luck with wearing pull ups, after messing the bed twice I went back to brief. I am totally bladder incontinent so heavy wetting at night is a under statement. Good luck and try different diaper because what works for me may or may not fit your coverage needs.

PostPosted: Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:06 pm 

Thank you everyone again for the help and support. The samples should be arriving soon, and it's looking like a high risk weekend up here (Thanksgiving). I haven't heard from the psych yet but I'll keep this updated.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:22 pm 

MA88,

If you leak a large amount each night, you will need protection that is adequate to the task. This may mean a high-quality disposable, such as Molicare or Abena, or, if your doctors indicate that this could be permanent, you might consider washables and plastic pants. Good luck.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:59 am 

Taped premium diapers are the best way to handle wettings, also gets couple of large waterproof washable absorbent pads mine are about 34x54" I have 4 of them to swap out if I leak.

If you are staying at a friends place or hotel it's best to let them know so you can protect the bed with a full mattress protector under the sheets, but at the minimum the larger portable pad and plastic pants over your diaper.

Telling some one you have an issue is hard at first but way easier then telling them after you have a leak on an unprotected mattresses

Sorry you are going through this hopefully the urologist will find the cause and can stop it

PostPosted: Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:30 pm 

Patrick wrote:
MA88,

If you leak a large amount each night, you will need protection that is adequate to the task. This may mean a high-quality disposable, such as Molicare or Abena, or, if your doctors indicate that this could be permanent, you might consider washables and plastic pants. Good luck.

Odd, but it seems everyone describes a 'quality diaper' slightly differently around here! :) For me, it is the ConfiDry 24/7.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:00 pm 

Mike,

I use Abena and/or Molicare when I travel. I'm not selling them, and I know there are several other brands of premium diapers. But they are one place to begin exploring the premium diaper world for folks who discover that they need it.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:02 pm 

Patrick wrote:
Mike,

I use Abena and/or Molicare when I travel. I'm not selling them, and I know there are several other brands of premium diapers. But they are one place to begin exploring the premium diaper world for folks who discover that they need it.

I have tried the Molicare in the past and found they caused my skin to break out, and the Abena's didn't fit me right..... but the VA doesn't cover ConfiDry 24/7 so I might be stuck with the Molicare.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 7:45 pm 

Porkchop,

I regretted reading that Molicares gave you difficulty. Perhaps I should try Confidry also, but I still have a sizable inventory of Abenas from my last vacation. Live and learn.