www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Apr 18, 2024 1:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:12 pm 

My experience was that the confidry are superior in quality to abena, but some quirks of their construction (placement of padding, depth of leg barriers, etc.) made them more prone to leaking.

They aren't a good match for everyone.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:52 am 

MSUSpartan,

A good fit probably is the most important factor in containing leaks. Part of that is the design of the diaper and the other part is our personal anatomies. If those do not match well, then that diaper is not for you. However, it may be good for another person.

I am very fortunate that the ConfiDry Dry 24/7 fits me perfectly.

--John

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:57 am 

Actually, they seemed to for well, but the reduced amount of padding in the front (compared to other brands) doesn't work for me.

I definitely got a better fit around the legs, but still inexplicably would get leaks around my crotch. I couldn't figure out exactly what was wrong with the fit, but as a said, they don't work for everybody.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 9:46 pm 

Night time is the worst for me. I use tranquility ATN and I wear them all day long. There for me is only one diaper that I can go to bed at night and not worry about a leak and that is the wellness diaper. They are expensive but I wear them when we can afford them. John is right the fit is super important and all diaper do not fit the same, thank goodness for that because we definitely are not built the same.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 26, 2018 8:42 am 

Are there any tips for discreetness, or hiding this when sleeping at a friends house?

Hi, MA88.

I am an able-bodied 23-year-old male with double incontinence.

First, I would recommend a bodystocking - a t-shirt that snaps at the crotch. Especially if you pick a non-white shade such as blue or black, in my personal opinion these make it significantly easier to conceal diapers while moving or in situations where you are not able to control how you are seen, for example when you are asleep.

If the weather and climate permits, I would recommend long pyjamas. Heavier fabric is good - light ones tend to closely outline your body and people who know or can infer what a diaper looks like may guess. I personally use one-piece pyjamas, meaning there is never any risk of my diapers being seen at my waistline or my pants slipping off - but my personal style allows for one-piece pyjamas not to raise suspicion.

I would recommend cloth-backed diapers. They are quieter, both to wear and to get in and out of.

Take several plastic bags. That way, you can get out of your diapers, double bag them (without people particularly suspecting), nick off home and throw them out, without the possibility of them smelling worse over the course of the week.