www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu May 09, 2024 2:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 1:31 pm 

MsShendo,
Yes, I too have had a few issues with the tapes on the Dry 24/7 diapers. Overall though, they are pretty good so I work with and around it. And yes, I still want waffles!!! :lol:

KDLSTAR,
Yes, I have noticed the slight bulkiness of the 24/7s but they were better than whatever else we got in the sample packs from XP and HDIS when we were brand shopping. And yes, we have had some tape frustrations as well. As for using packing or duct tape, damn but that seems like a lot more work when I have to change!! :( I haven't let the diapers get full enough to notice any huge sag issue, but I can definitely feel the start of diaper droopage so I imagine it would get worse. As for the Northshore brand, what do you mean you have to fluff them?

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:05 pm 

Porkchop

So if you check out the incontinence diaper primer, it also mentions that it's a good idea to carry some tape with you. Many diapers unfortunately are notorious for lousy tapes or tapes that pop off.... At less than appropriate times. It would be quite an expensive waste and frustration to have to trash a diaper every time the tape fails.
I always keep some duct tape or packing tape in my diaper or work bag just in case.
The ONLY diaper which has little to no tape issues I've found is the Northshorecare supremes
And the air.
The nolicars super plus, abri form x plus, depends, dry 24/7, etc have all given me some grief over tape failure and so generally learned to reinforce the tapes when o put them on. It is a bit of inconvenience

The Northshorecare diapers are packed and compressed super tightly for storage. So when you wear them, you have to "fluff" them and fold them down the line in order to loosen it up and raise the leak guards. Northshorecare has a sample instruction on how to do this on their website. I think they say on the packaging that they use microsorb- type of fabric or something - which is why the diaper feels a lot drier and comfortable compared to many others

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:25 pm 

KDLSTAR,

Would they naturally fluff once you store them out of the bag? If they were in a drawer, I store mine in an armoire, or diaper bag wouldn't that allow for them to fluff up as well? As for the tape, I will add that to my list! :(

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 2:59 pm 

Porkchop
The Northshorecare do decompress slightly after you take them out of the bag. But they are still very very stiff and rigid. You have to sort of stretch them, fold them and then fluff it like a pillow. So that it gets the nice bowl shape and the leak guards stand up. After that they are pretty comfy to wear. But if you were to just take them out of bag and put them on like any other diaper, they will feel way too stiff and uncomfortable. There is a video and instructions on the Northshorecare website To explain this.
The nice thing about how they vacuum compress the diapers is that I can fit 1-2 more in my bag compared to other diapers

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2015 5:49 pm 

That's always good! My sample shipped today, it as uber quick! :shock:

Marcus Aurelius