www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:16 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Helping another
PostPosted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 1:48 pm 

hey sandy
sure hope all has a great thanksgiveing would be neat to chat with you and hubby I am into small engines mowers tillers and the like stay safe hope the gals are doing well to big hugs all around

PostPosted: Sun Mar 09, 2014 6:58 pm 

Howdy all
Can't remember when I was last on here. A number of you have asked me to stop in so I thought I would. I lurk around the board once in while. But feel like the subjects have been well covered by many of you. So I really don't see my need to jump in. After all I think we hit most of the things the first couple of years we had this board going. Now we are more rehashing things we hashed years ago. I mean no disrespect by saying this to anyone. I'm always happy to see new names on here. I think this board has been a huge blessing to many. Even us veterans I think have been blessed on here I know I have.

Anyway I'm sure many of you would love to know about the girls. My young friend lives with her professor friend. She has been taking some classes part time where he teaches at. Still makes dresses I saw her last week she had a big project going. Making 8 Bridesmaid dresses for one wedding . That's crazy having 8 :roll: in my opinion She still wears cloth most of the time and hasn't done any more inventing or should I say improving on cloth diapers as of late. She did tell me they have talked about getting married. But nothing has been set yet.

Speaking of marriage Jane now has a rather nice engagement ring on her finger. Told my husband we must be paying Berry to much that he could afford that ring (LOL) No date has been set as of yet. Jane told me she let berry get the ring because she would never ever be with another person besides Berry :wink: and the ring lets everyone around her know she is spoken for. I'm thinking they may do it this Fall? But who knows. Jane and the kids still live with us. The kids are getting older which is sort of nice. Now it's just Jane an I in diapers :lol: But I still go nuts for the kids at Christmas and on Birthdays' The kids may have more $$$ in toys then all my husbands big boy toys :lol: Well ok maybe not that bad :roll:

As far as me not much to talk about. We are gearing up for spring' Still have a few engines that need to be done before the ice goes out. But with as much as 33-40 inches of ice on the lakes we should have time. Anyway one of the kids is standing here asking what's for supper :?: So I'd better go and work on that

Nice talking to you guys :D .........................Sandy :)

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 7:23 am 

Sandy
I have read though your entire post – and I must admit, that in the beginning is was out of curiousity, however as I progressed I’ll admit your story really got to me, and I’m happy for your part, that you not only helped two young girls dealing with their incontinence situation, something which your story reveals is not easy as other people not dealing with such issues simply doesn’t understand and in fact are acting rather rude, the woman in the store, Jane’s x etc. but also made two excellent friends, plus brought two persons close to each other (Jane and Berry) hope everything is going well for them?

As a person who myself have to deal with all aspects of being incontinent I know what’s going on, the fears and the humiliation associated with it – plus I learned a few tricks like spilling water / soda if a serious leak should happen…..LOL.

I just wanted to say thanks for sharing such a positive story with us.

take care

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2014 8:06 am 

I guess, in one sense, after one has been managing incontinence for a number of years, the complaints of folks who are just beginning to have to deal with it can become boring, because we've seen their trials many times before. But this does not apply to me, even though I have needed protection for most of my adulthood.

I have gastroparesis (paralyzed stomach), which can be painful, life-threatening, and greatly complicates incontinence management. Never a day goes by but incontinence has something new to teach me. Every day is different, because I must manage what I eat as well as how much I drink, manage the expectations of family and friends who fear that I may lose weight, locate and keep track of the nearest men's room in strange venues, and adapt my medication schedule to my protection, the location of the nearest restroom, and the content of my food. And I must do this during a Meniere's attack, when my world is spinning out of control and making my legs work requires all of my mental capacity. Incontinence management is an endless, challenging chore. I doubt that I shall live long enoough to see it become routine.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2014 11:16 pm 

Update Jane is getting married to berry (I'm using my phone to post this bare with me. Lol it was sorta sudden. Jane and my husband went to the twin cities to pick up parts last week. I have no idea what the talk was in the truck. My husband isn't saying much. But get this Jane proposed to Berry last sunday! Yes jane proposed! Wrap your head around that! No date has been set as of yet. They are talking about next summer. Berry has been walking on air all week in the shop. Jane hasn't opened up to me as of yet what prompted this. All she said was my husband talked some sense it to her.
All I can say is if I didn't have my wonderful husband I'll i would do is pray to find a guy like Berry. I'm so happy for both Berry is such a great guy. He loves Jane so much. It almost hurts to see the love this man has for Jane. If every marriage had this there would be no divorce. OK got tears in my eyes posting this. Have to go now ............sandy

PostPosted: Fri Oct 17, 2014 12:23 am 
Admin

Thanks for the update Sandy, I am sure there are more then a few people in this group that were wondering just what the latest in this story was. Give them my Congrats! :D Puffy

PostPosted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 7:25 pm 

Well now Jane opened up to me today. She said my husband had her in tears at one point. He told her that berry is one of the most outstanding man any woman could ever hope of finding. What are you waiting for? He loves you more then is humanely possible. And you feel the same way. He talked about the ads hole as we call him (X husband) and if that is the reason she was holding back. She said that was part of it. After being treated so bad. She was a little put off on getting married
Again. But at the same time he asked her don't you miss sex. Jane has never had sex since being divorced. And won't until she is married again. So that was another small factor that plays into it. Jane also stated how much her and the kids love staying with us. My husband said your always welcome anytime day or night. But there is a man in your life that wants you as much as you want him.
basically my husband told her to get her head out of her butt and marry the guy.
Anyway got to make supper all for now.....Sandy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:01 pm 

Great news Sandy. I've been following this from the side lines for some time now. Your hubby has done a Big Thing for both of them.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:05 pm 

Well since I'm here I'll give an up date. Jane and Berry are married. Been a couple of years everything is great. Both still work for us. Kids are all in school but still take the bus everyday to our house/shop. Berry and Jane bought a house a few miles down the road but still spend the bulk of their time with us.
My young friend married the professor she was dating. Even with the age gap they really get along well they do make a cute couple. I'm always so amazed at what a woman this young friend of mine turned out to be. I knew her mother for many years. And we are still best friends. Her daughter due to medical situation became incontinent at a young age out of high school but still with a high school mind set. What's really funny I honestly thing that becoming incontinent made her grow up and mature out of the school girl that was still in her
I feel so blessed to have both her and Jane in my life along with the two new husbands well Berry has been with us forever it seems. He is one of our top employees
Anyway all for now husbands paging me to the shop
...........Sandyjl

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2018 2:52 pm 

All of that is great news, Sandy. I was wondering how that story was working out. Jane is very lucky to have you as a friend. ......... Paul Martin

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next