www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:02 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 10:26 am 

Yep the man is a class act :wink: Jane said everything has been going real well. Berry has been asking questions to try and understand her condition better. Jane still says she is embarressed about the car thing. Berry told her not to worry about it. No big deal besides for the most part your the only one that sits there anyway :lol: I told Jane she should keep a bed pad and a towel in berry's car just in case That could save alot of problems later. Jane said he asked if this happens often to her. Jane said no it happens more to sandy then me :roll: OH Thanks I said?

On another note My young friend has had a fellow try to take her on a date. But she will not go there? I'm not sure what's up I think it's the diapers but I maybe wrong. I just heard this from her mother over the weekend. I haven't seen her in a few weeks. I'll have to get in touch with her...........................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:27 pm 

Sandy wrote:
I told Jane she should keep a bed pad and a towel in berry's car just in case That could save alot of problems later.

I keep a Hefty bag in my glove compartment just in case I'm stuck in traffic or something. I generally only have to deal with dripping but when I really have to go anything could happen! Luckily I've only had a couple of major accidents and only while I was home.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:12 am 

Well my young friend is doing well. I talked to her for sometime the other night. She still doing dresses and has lots of work :D We did talk about the fellow that wants to date her. She said he's someone from my past and I really don't want to go there. I think I can do much better now. I asked about the diapers she said well maybe that might play into it a little. Because he knows allot of the same people I do she said. He's been known to shoot his mouth off when he shouldn't :roll: But really I think I can do better then him she said.

.........................................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 1:47 pm 

Sandy,
Sounds like your young friend has the commom sense to know what to do here. She's got her head screwed on right. Good for her! Her dress business sounds like it's taking off! ...........Paul Martin

PostPosted: Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:21 pm 

Sandy, i cant tell you how pleased i am to read that Jane has finally found someone who accepts her for her condition. I am of the opinion that there are two kinds of people in regards to special needs/conditions such as incontinence, phyisical disability, etc: Those who get it, and those who dont. The ones who "get it" are generally of upright moral character and love all people with unconditonal love, and are unselfish, and willng to give of themselves. The ones who dont get it are ususually dont have much exposure to those with these issues and they usually have an immature attitude of the whole thing. This summer, when i was working camp, i did things for my campers that would make some cringe, but for those of us who deal with incon on a daily basis, its par for the course. I imagine that there aren't a lot of people willing to do that sort of work. It takes a certian character, those willing to give of themselves. The ones that don't get it are usually the ones who stare at a person in a wheelchair in public, avoid talking to a disabled person, treat them that theyre a non perspn, act as if the disabled person's caregiver is their spokesperson..etc etc. One of our campers, a young lady with CP paid me one of the nicest compliments. She said "You shock me. You treat me as normal, when most people are scared of me." Now i was humbled by that..but i suppose you could say that the reason I "get it" is the fact i deal with a disability (autism spectrum disorder and ADHD), and while ive never had to use a wheelchair, i do face struggles and obstacles living an ordinarly life. In regards to incontience, i especially get it , because ive been there. It would seem that those who "get it" either have a disability themselves of some form, or know someone who does. A sizable majority of people never get that exposure, so naturally they're uneducated, and they simply dont understand.

Barry sounds definitely like the type who "gets it." Kudos to Jane for findng him!

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Oct 18, 2010 10:13 pm 

Hi all :D
Been awhile since I posted on here. Everything is going well for us Jane and Berry are still an item. They are like two peas in a pod together. My young friend is doing well. The shop has been nuts the last few weeks usually by now we have begun to slow down. But we are still going strong I can tell some of the guys are starting to burn out. I don't blame them to be honest I could handle a slow down myself. Heck it's 9 pm here Berry and my husband are still out in the shop. Two of Janes kids are here along with Jane. Last I knew Jane was sawing logs on the couch. Yep she still is as I just heard a snore :lol: I'm thinking I should get the kids in bed here. And for that matter get Jane to bed as well. That couch can kill your back if you sleep all night on it :?

..........................Sandy :)

Post subject: Dealing
PostPosted: Wed Nov 10, 2010 4:58 pm 

I would like to say to Sandy, I wish i had had a friend like you to talk to when i first started having problems, you sound like you are a compassionate and caring person!

When i first started having problems, i didnt have internet access, and i felt extremely alone, confused and ashamed by what was happening to me. I thought my God, who has ever heard of a 22 year old man peeing his pants? I was truely horrified by what was happening to me.
the shame i felt stopped me from mentioning it my doctor for almost a year and a half. In the mean time i had been dealing with it by having a babies nappy tucked into close fitting underware, not the most practical thing, but it did the job for a while.

but the incontinence got worse and i knew i had no choice but to go to a doctor. she put me in touch with the incon advisers, had numerous tests done, None of them very pleasent!! They found nothing wrong, they ended up saying i had 'emotional' problems?!
i do suffer with manic depression, but i knew that wasnt what was happening to me.. but i felt at the time that i had no more action to take on the matter, the medical doctors here (ireland) kind of brushed me under the carpet.

so i had to sort out sourcing products for myself..
i actually had the idea of ringing 'proctor and gamble' and there was a real sweet, understanding lady who i spoke to, and she said they manufactured adult products as well as baby stuff.
she sent me out a bunch of different shaped pads, everything from a pouch shaped thing for the 'equipment', tried everything for a while, steering away from wearing the three adult sized nappies / diapers the lady had sent.. i did NOT want to end up nappies!

I even tried the condom drainage thing for a while, my goodness what a nightmare that was, the condom thing kept coming off no matter what i did, the main part was i have no feelings in my handsand there was no way i could get the condom on properly.

end result anyway, was i did end up in nappies. i had no choice really, but it really played hell with my mind for a long time, didnt go out, the fear of leaks, smells, i became quite the reclusive withdrawn person.

i have learned over the past twenty years, that, incontinence, as difficult as it may be to deal with emotionally and sometimes physically, is not the worst thing to deal with in life.
the other health issues i have had to deal with make changing a nappy every couple or so hours a walk in the park mostly.
i am not saying it is 'easy' it is anything but, but it is managable 'when' you finlly find the help, which in ireland is very difficut to find!
though the internet has made that an easier thing, thank god!

Mike

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 1:28 pm 

Thank you for the kind words Mike :wink: Yes I know what you mean about wearing diapers at such a young age of 22 I was in belted pads back then during the day but it wasn't long before I had to start wearing full blown diapers 24/7 when I was a young adult. I'd been in and out of daytime protection all my life. I really struggled with having to wear a full blown diaper as a young adult 24/7 But really it was a blessing for me when I finally did. I have to credit my husband for pushing me into it. I had a few :oops: :oops: situations in public where the belted undergarment couldn't handle it :oops: He finally said enough is enough :shock: Your going to start wearing your night time protection during the day :shock: Well it didn't take long for me to feel much more at ease with myself. It was kind of a release on myself to feel protected and more confident about being away from home. Granted there were many times as a child I wore tape on diapers during the day so the concept of a regular diaper wasn't to far out for me :)

Like you Mike there was no internet for me either when I was a young adult. But hey we made it didn't we :D I've said it before I'll say it again. The people that are just entering into the incontinence world now have no idea how good they have it :wink:

..........................................Sandy :)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:01 pm 

when I first became incontinent and was forced back into diapers, it was a huge learning experience.Trying to find what to wear, where to get the stuff, and living with the inconvienence of incontinence every moment of the day is tough on any person. Sandy, this girl is lucky to have you for help. Good luck on shopping with her.

Buy RS Gold

Post subject: Re: Helping another
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:23 pm 

Wow has it really been that long since I posted on this thread :?: Well to give you all an update as to what's up in our lives around here. Our shop has had another good year. Jane has been a huge asset to us. Jane's kids are all doing great :) Jane and the kids are still bouncing back and forth between her moms house and ours. Now that school has started the kids/Jane have been staying with us the most. Berry and Jane are still a hot item. I know berry has popped the question. But Jane said no I'm not ready to do that again as of yet.

As far as my young friend goes BIG NEWS. She finally got a class act of a fellow. She has been seeing a fellow who has never been married no children. He is a professor at a near by university he has a PhD in social cultures (whatever that is :lol: ) He's around 40 ish :?: Yes I know big age difference :roll: But the age thing really doesn't seem to matter. My young friend told me a few weeks ago I finally know what it's like to be with a man and not a boy :idea: He treats her like a lady. He is fully aware of her condition. and also has a prostate condition of his own from what I understand. I'm told he has to wear a male guard.

They found each other over the summer. My young friend was doing some work for a client and he was some how related or something to this client. I guess one Day he was over with this other person and they just kept making eye contact. My young freind said it was the strangest thing I couldn't stop looking at him and him at me she said. So as they were leaving she wrote her number down and gave it to him quick. and about 30 seconds later he came back with his number. She said she called him the next day and said she was sorry to be so forward this isn't like me but I must see you again. He stated he felt the same way :shock: So I guess they went for lunch which turned out to be a four hour lunch :) and they have been together ever since (not living together) but I think that maybe coming.

Anyway all for now......................Sandy :)

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next