www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 10:36 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 31  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 2:05 pm 

I never saw Bikini size plastic pants I'll have to mention that idea to her. But now being september you may as well forget about laying in the sun. Where would a person find them...................Sandy

Post subject: Bikini Plastic Panties
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 3:38 pm 

Sandy,
The website where I suggest you buy your cloth diapers have these bikini plastic panties. I'd have to say, your husband may go crazy if you try these, though. The site is "adultclothdiaper.com". I have bought my cloth diapers and plastic pants from them that I wear. They have a cloth pull-up from them. That is what I wear during the day. The daytime diaper would work at night, but you'll definately have to include some cloth baby diapers with them. They have a good selection of plastic pants too. I did not buy my night time pull up diaper from them, though.
I got it form LL Medico. I think you ordered a pair of there frilly plastic pants already from them. If you really want to oreder from ACD or LL medico, let me know. I can suggest what to get. I have ordered their flat gauze diaper you have to pin on. It's a little hassle to pin on a diaper, but it pins real easy. The gauze diaper is soooooooo soft after several washings. It's extremely absorbant too. I just, sometimes, like pin on diapers. I guess because that's what my mother used on me many years ago.
Sorry for being so long. I just want your first cloth diaper experience to be good, but you've started out on the wrong foot! ........Paul

Post subject: Bikini plastic pants
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:35 am 

Hi Sandy,
Let me add this outfit,

http://www.fetware.com/bikini_cut.htm

Yeah, they are primarily supplying to the AB/DL market, but they have some wild stuff :oops:

JoeK

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 4:54 am 

Hi Paul,
It's great to see you posting at both places (Adult Incon and here). As much as I try to get folks to cross back and forth, it seems like you and I are the only ones who do!

It is very discouraging about Loving Comfort! I skipped the e-mail and phone calls since you've done that already. I mailed a request for status of the company. I included my e-mail address, my phone number and a self addressed stamped post card to make as easy as possible for someone to get back to me. I explained I was involved with two incon boards and have endorsed LCDC for years but don't wish to mislead people and will remove the link if the company is defunct.

We won't hold our breath! :)

You've said there is a similar pull on cloth diaper from another source. Is it really a diaper pant-with uniform plies all thru, including the sides? Or is it really the "training pant" style with thin sides and soaker strip running just thru the crotch. The vast majority of pull on diapers are the latter design. LCDC was the only supplier I ever found that made a 5 ply diaper pant: Three layers of terrycloth covered on both sides with birdseye and the entire pant was 5 layers. That makes it pretty effective for overnight when folks sleep on their side.

As for Sandy, it looks like LCDC is letting us down big time! :(

Pin on diapers are great, especially gauze (which I wear virtually all the time), but I don't suggest them for a newbie. The pull on, even one of the "training pant" styles makes so much more sense for someone wanting to see if cloth is right for them.

A site I was perusing yesterday offered the pull on diaper in two versions-both are the training pant style with just a central soaker. One version offered fiber fill soaker while the other offered 100% cotton soaker. Let me see if I can find where I saw those and get back to both of you.

JoeK

Last edited by JoeK on Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject: Sandy helping others
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 5:04 am 

Hi Sandy,
A few days ago I attempted to post a response to your great work in helping others and after about 20 minutes of typing, lost everything and got PO'd and shut off the computer. :evil:

Things seem to be working for me right now so let me applaud you for your helping that young lady get back out in the world! Love your updates along the way. The "girls day out" was an inspiration for so many incons who sit huddled in their homes, suffering self imposed imprisonment!

As for the gal at the counter that you think may be incon, another great example of helping others. Whether she ever confides in you that she has a problem, only time will tell. Like Paul, I've never had a face to face with another incon-all my "help" has been on-line. But, I don't think you can beat the one on one, face to face help that you've provided the young lady.

Again, big koodoos to you! Nice job! God bless you and keep up the good work! :D

JoeK

Post subject: Pull on Diaper
PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, 2007 8:08 am 

Joe,
I Look at the other board each day. Lots of activity there! I do post a few times. I'm trying to get use to there format. This board is very easy.

Loving Comfort was really a good company until this happened. The second time I ordered there pull on diaper, I noticed a flaw in the leg opening. They wear out at the elastic first, so I e-mailed them about it. They said they would repair it. Not ony did they reoair the diaper, they sent me another onr too! They said they appreciated my past business, and wanted me to be happy with the extra diaper for free! That was very nice of them. I will miss them if they are gone. The last time I did order, they told me they were having problems getting their raw material to make there diapers. That order took about 16 weeks to get!

As far as a substitute to their pull on diaper, the one that LL Medico has is close to the LCDC. They offer the center panel in poly fill or terry fill. I ordered the terry fill. When I got them, I noticed it was made by "Gary".
I checked out that Fetware site. Boy, what a selection! Between you and me, Joe, I think we can steer Sandy in the right direction.

Post subject: Pull On Diapers
PostPosted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 5:24 am 

Thanks, Paul, for your valuable contributions to both boards! And between you and Sandy, you got Schoppy's board moving-and it was quiet as a mouse!

I find it interesting that Gary (possibly the biggest mfr of plastic pants) is into cloth diapers. Gary's pants are excellent and offered in a variety of pvcs (the most common plastic for plastic pants) and polyurethane, the alternate to pvc. My complaint is the waist elastics are too tight for any given size. But that is overcome by paying a bit per pant and getting, in my case, medium size pants with medium sized leg elastics, but XL waist elastic. I've even gone to 2XL waist elastics and still have adequate tension and finally, a gentle waist elastic for my 36" waist! And Lonnie at Plastic-Pants.com does the custom elastic orders-even adding that section to his web page!

JoeK

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:16 pm 

So should I go to LL medico for a cloth brief :) ???...............Sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 7:17 pm 

So should I go to LL medico for a cloth brief :) ???...............Sandy

PostPosted: Thu Sep 20, 2007 5:39 am 

Sandy,
I'd like to suggest moving this to "What type of diaper.." since we are discussing a transition from disposable to cloth and I think many others would benefit from following the thread as you contemplate a different "type of diaper". So many disposable wearers may have thought about switching but just don't know where to start.

So, please jump to "What type of diaper"

Thanks,
JoeK

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8 ... 31  Next