www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 12:00 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 31  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon Aug 13, 2007 10:49 am 

My young friend and I went out for lunch yesterday and had a very nice time I'm amazed at how relaxed and comfortable she seem to be compared to a few months ago when she wouldn't step out the door. She is still dressing in a more professional way she told me that she feels more confident about herself and feels like she has more selfesteem since she started dressing like this. She was telling me it's one thing to dress in away that gets the guys looking at you in a lustful way. But now she finds that the guys now seem to treat her with much more respect. She says it's like they look at me more for my mind then my body. She said she never realized how dressing a certain way could dictate so much how a person would be treated. I guess even something good can come from being incontinent. I now seem to talk and spend more time with her then her mother. Not that that is bad but Sometimes I feel a little funny or uncomfortable being that she is so much younger then me. Her mother says that no one has ever touched her daughter in a greater way or made such an impact on her then I have. I said well glad I could help?
....................All for now .......Sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 7:27 am 

Sandy,
You've done an outstanding job with this young friend. Keep up the good work. Too bad most people don't have many people to talk to if they experience incontinence. That's what this forum is all about. Stay in touch! ....................Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2007 4:20 pm 

Yes it would have been nice to have someone to help me when I first starting having problems. I was so embarrassed the first time I had to by pads I was only in my early 20's. I use to dread having to go to the drug store to by my protection. After while I got courage enough to go to Kmart or Shopko We didn't have a Walmart near by until the early 90's. I think back 15-20 years ago it was much more of a taboo then to what it is now to be incontinent. I felt as if I was the only one in the world that had a leaky bladder and was under the age of 50. My doctor told me back then that I would have been surprised to know how many people were out there in their early 20's with my condition. But to be honest I don't think I ever believed it back then. Still I wish more women would get on these boards. Don't get me wrong guys I like talking to you guys but sometimes it would be nice to talk to another female. I know I'm a little more out going then many other women. But maybe that's what it takes to get out and talk about it. My husbands the one that got me started on these forums.....................Sandy

Post subject: Female Post
PostPosted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 7:52 am 

Sandy,
There are a whole lot more females out there who are incontinent than men. I have too, wondered why there are so few post by women.
I really think if you had a "female only" board, you would see a lot of activity. But how do you keep a male out who is impersonating a female.
It's really nice to have you posting so much on this board. You really have a great husband who supports you like he does! ..........Paul

Post subject: females
PostPosted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 2:23 am 

Hi Paul
Thank you for the kind words you seem to be a sweet fellow yourself. Yes my Husband is really a wonderful man and partner. He takes care of me,supports me and he is a very gentle loving man. Looking at him you wouldn't think he could be that way. He is very tall and well built he had kind of a hard life growing up. But then that maybe in a twisted sort of way that's why he's such a gentle man now. Some of my friends call him the "Gentle Giant" But really the credit for the way my husband is belongs to Jesus. He is a true testimony of what Jesus Christ can do to a person when a person gives his life over to him. The first time I laid eyes on him I knew he would be mine. I did have some doubts in the back of my mind about how a guy like that would be able to handle a women with my condition. But for the most part it has never really been an issue in our relationship. Sure there have been times where he got on me for being lazy. maybe I was but then there were other times I wasn't. At any rate to me that was never his concern anyway it's not like he is the one changing me. Anyway I'm starting to ramble all for now :) ................Sandy

Post subject: Helping another
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:43 am 

Getting back to helping another. We have a fuel account at a local gas station for our business sometimes I'm, in there 3 or more times a day. and being there so often you get to know each other or at least the regulars and the employees/owners Well anyway they have a new gal there she's been there about a month. I would guess she is a bit younger then me maybe middle 30's Anyway I really haven't spoke to her much. But I noticed that she appears to wear protection. Before I go any further let me just say I'm not in the habit of looking at peoples crotches. But now with that said I did notice over that last few weeks that this gal would start her shift her front crotch area of her jeans would be rather flat through there. but after some hours would go by and I would come back I could tell it was looking a little bulky there. So about a week ago I said to her while there was a short slow down at the counter. If you would like to slip into the restroom quick I'll watch the counter for you. She kinda looked at me funny but then took advantage of my offer. Grabbed a over sized purse and went to the restroom. Well after she came back the bulk was gone. She wears somewhat loose fitting jeans in my opinion they could be looser. Well anyway I've stood watch for her twice now since that first time including today. But today when I stopped in this afternoon she asked if I was in a hurry and if not could I watch the counter I said I could. Sure enough she grabbed the over grown purse and off she went. To be honest even if I was in a hurry I'd stay and watch the counter for her. Of course I haven't said anything to her about it. .............Sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 1:25 pm 

Sandy,
Sounds like your striking up a possible interesting relationship. I believe you're already headed this way, but going slow and letting her ask questions to you woud be smart. I have never talked to a fellow diaper wearer in person other than on this forum. I guess women are more likely to talk to one another than men talking to men.
take it slow and don't embarras yourself or her. I really don't think you'll do that though. Good luck! ........Paul

Post subject: women do talk
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 1:03 pm 

Howdy all
Yes I think women do seem to talk more about privet personal stuff then guys. Many of times I've been with a group of women and the period subject came up. I'll never forget years ago the time I was asked what I use for protection. I said "Depends" and sometimes "Attends" They all busted up laughing and said boy you must have it bad. I doubt any of them knew I was serious. I do have one friend that is incontinent. We meet years ago at a medical supply place were I use to buy diapers at before the Internet came about. We had seen each other there a few times and we were both buying incontinence products. We both had told each other that we were buying for a relative. Until one day she said they are for you she said she could here the plastic in my pants as I walked past her :oops: Then she confessed that she was buying them for herself as well. We both had a good chuckle about that we've been friends ever since. She isn't as bad off as I am. most of the time she just wears the belted ones or sometimes the cheap thin store brand briefs. She doesnt have a computer so from time to time when I see a good deal on EBay I'll buy it for her. but most of the time she get her product from a local medical supply outfit. And yes there's also my young friend who is doing really well I'm so proud of her. She is very open with me about her protection sometimes maybe a little to open :shock: But then I guess that's how we got to know each other as well as we did. I was telling her about the cloth pull ups last night she said if I like them she would be interested in trying them also. She's a off and on side sleeper so from what you guys say these really might be the trick for her. She told me shes been stuffing the Tranquility booster pads I bought for her on both of the sides of the brief at night and that's been helping. but she still tends to leak if she sleeps the night on her side. She does have a reusable pad on the bed but she says it's always getting bunched up I told her that's why I put mine under the top sheet. Granted when you do leak you need to wash the sheet but at least it's just the sheet and not the whole bed. Anyway my names being called got to go on a parts run :wink: all for now
..........................Sandy

Post subject: Young friend
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:10 pm 

Well we had a girls day out yesterday afternoon. Clothing stores restaurant and other girl stuff. I have to say I don't think until recently I've ever been in so many clothing stores in such a short amount of time. Now she is pointing out outfits that she thinks will look good on me. If that isn't a switch :shock: She seem to think my jeans and long T-shirts and now that it's fall once again flannels are to back woodsy :lol: I said I live in the Sticks! I'm not out to impress the local black bear or the coyotes. Don't get the wrong idea. I can and do dress from time to time in more lady like or classy cloths. But with that said I'm still a country girl. Anyway she was telling me that she was laying out a few weeks ago on her deck to improve her tan. She had on a Bikini top and a ATN brief I had to laugh I said that must make for an interesting tan line :lol: I should mention she has a walled off deck which makes it good for privacy but rotten for a view. Again I have to say I'm so proud of her she seems so comfortable with herself. You would never know this was the same girl that wouldn't step out of the house a few months ago...Sandy

Post subject: Your young friend
PostPosted: Thu Sep 13, 2007 1:48 pm 

Sandy,
You really have made a mark on this young girl! Way to go.
You might mention to her if she wants a better tan line around her waist, they make bikini size plastic panties. She could slip in a few baby cloth diapers in her plastioc panties for that short period of time. She would have plenty of protection. Any ways, just a suggestion. .........Paul

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 31  Next