www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 11:20 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 31  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:14 pm 

Well it's getting easier to turn her away from the tight clothes now. Last night I went over there with a camera and shot some pictures of her in differant outfits so she could see what the rest of the world sees. When I got there she was wearing some designer jeans they weren't real tight but tight enough. I took some pictures of her back side and front. you could see the outline of her brief rather well in the back. She changed into a mini skirt some light color jeans and so on. That seemed to be a big eye opener for her. In some cases when she was standing up right it was all right but if she bent over the secret was out! So she put on a few of the outfits we bought you couldn't see a thing. I showed her the pictures so now I'm thinking I may have changed her out look a little. Funny she is a rather smart young lady but also rather naive as well...........Sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:16 pm 

Hey Paul
Hows your wife getting along?...............Sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2007 12:37 pm 

Sandy,
My wife finished up the samples from her doctor, and they seem to work. She went ahead and had a prescription called in. So now she takes the Detrol every day now. Her bathroom trips have decreased a bunch and the urgentcy has got a lot better. She's a happy camper now. No side effects so far too!.....Thanks for your concern!... Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2007 5:38 pm 

That's great paul glad to here it's working for your wife. I've never heard much good about that stuff but it must work for some or there would be no market for it...................Sandy

Post subject: Helping your friend
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2007 2:27 pm 

Hey Sandy!
I haven't seen much of you on this board lately. Where you been?
Can you give us an update on your friend and how she is coping with her incontinece and dressing as a young lady?.....Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 1:37 am 

Hi
Yes it's been awhile my life has been nuts lately sometimes I wish there was more hours in a day but then again maybe not? My young friend is getting along well. I recently got a good deal on a case of Tranquility ATN's which she's been wearing day and night she tells me. She told me to get another case if I find a good deal. She really seems to be coming out of the shell that she was hiding in. Her mother told me that she recently went shopping by herself the other day and I've been told she has changed the way she dresses herself as well. Her mother stated it's nice to see her without the slutty clothes. She has been much more professional looking wearing suit jackets with blouses and skirts that have some length also loose fitting jeans and shorts. I must agree she does look allot more respectable now. Now if only we could find her a husband but I'm not going there! She did have one bad episode in the car on the way home from somewhere. I guess she flooded an already wet brief and ended up soaking the car seat as well. but the good part is it was her car and it happen on the way home. She was rather upset but I talked her through it. I just told her that those things are going to happen. She said she had no warning or any sensation that she was holding that much. It just started flowing and there was no stopping it. I told her I'd be lying if I said I've never been there. I told her of a few of my more awkward moments. and basically said to her #%*+ happens (or in our case pee :lol: ) Don't let yourself dwell on it just deal with it and move on. But I am afraid that someday it will happen in the wrong place I hope it doesn't destroy her when and if it does happen. Anyway all for now...........Sandy

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 9:15 am 

Sandy,
Thanks for the reply back. Hope all is OK with you. Sounds like you've been a good influence on your young friend. She's lucky to have you for a friend to talk to about her incontinence. I guess we all have had some pretty embarrising monents when a major wetting episode occurs. I once was in line at a Wendy's restaurant after a long day in the same diaper. I had a sudden wetting, and I looked down and saw a big puddle on the floor. My shorts were wet and everything. I ended up in the rest room trying to dry my pants and changing a soked diaper. :oops: Lucky I was by myself. Don't stay away so long from the forum next time!....Paul

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2007 3:10 pm 

Well back years ago when I was still wearing the belted undergarments. I had several reality checks one was at a mall and had a sudden urge come on and had no way of stopping it. The undergarment was already somewhat wet and even if it would have been dry it wouldn't have held that much. I tried to get to a rest room but it was to late. I stood behind a poll and a garbage can and it all came out right there. I was lucky there wasn't many people around and I was wearing a skirt. The skirt was fine but both my shoes were soaked along with the insides of my legs and socks. Then all I heard on the way home is my husband telling me I need more protection. But I was only in my middle twenties I couldn't stand the thought of a brief but needless to say I did end up in them. Once I got use to it it wasn't so bad. I was very thankful the first time I soaked myself in public and had a brief NO LEAKS! I must say it would have been nice back in those days to have had the choices that we have now. Back then it was the old green depends the old old Attends or some other off brand. The depends as I remember fit the best but didn't hold much and were loud. The Attends held more then the other two but when they were wet they would stick to your skin and it was really uncomfortable. The off brand was just that an off brand it worked better then a belted garment but was second rate at best to the other two. Anyway I'm starting to ramble :roll: ALL FOR NOW...................Sandy

PostPosted: Mon Jul 30, 2007 6:35 am 
I'm going to throw this out there for what it's worth. Nothing new but it might stir up some comments.

I'll skip the growing up phase since the family did much of the dealing with my incon.

My first decade was one of denial; I didn't like needing diapers and I hated diapers and pretty much wouldn't wear them, other than to bed-since I hate a wet bed and cannot sleep in a wet bed! This was the era of most wetting accidents and embarassment. This was the era of trying everything I could find that was not a diaper. And in those days, incon protection products were really bad-inadequate.

Next decade or so, secretive use of cloth diapers. I absolutely didn't want anyone knowing that I was wearing diapers! But that resulted in wet pants and wet furniture, as you can imagine, AND I learned waterproof pants are not the answer to inadequate diapering. The denial portion was gone, I accepted that I needed diapers, but I sure didn't want anyone to know and so wore inadequate diapers so no one could see the dreaded "diaper bulge". This is also when I tried a sheath condom with disasterous results!

And finally, after the internet came along I realized wearing diapers is not the end of the world and, in reality, most will never know you are wearing diapers; it's more of a psychological issue. The secretive aspect remains for me. Tho I don't want to "advertise" that I wear diapers, I wear diapers adequate to prevent leaks and enjoy my life the way I want to enjoy it, and have lost the fear that others may see a "diaper bulge".

I discovered condom catheters and experimented with them. Loved the freedom from diapers! But didn't like the pulling sensation, didn't like the taping the tubing to the leg to minimize the pulling and try to gain comfort, and didn't like the leg bag. And my activities at work were not ideal for cath and leg bag, so diapers to the rescue, once again.

I wish I'd come to terms with diaper wear sooner than I did, but better late than never!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2007 2:47 pm 

Here's another reality check for you.
When I was in my late 20's I was at a hotel swimming pool (outside) I had been swimming and decided to lay out and catch some rays. I did go to the rest room and tried to make sure my bladder was empty before laying out. I had on a dark colored one piece swim suit (no protection) Well anyway I laid out for awhile and I guess fell asleep. Well without realizing it my bladder must have let loose in the lounge chair I was lying in. My husband said that it was fairly loud when it hit the concrete under my chair. And wouldn't you know it a fair amount of witnesses to see it happen :oops: Well my husband woke me up I was kinda in a daze and all I here from some people near by is that's gross! What are you just lazy! and so on. Well now I've got tears in my eyes My husband puts a towel around me and is trying to get me out of there. And then out of frustration he says SHE'S INCONTENENT LEAVE HER ALONE!!!! Well it was about there that I wanted to die. Later my husband told me he saw the whole thing he said I must had tried to drink the swimming pool to pee that much. Needless to say I've never laid out in the sun with just a swim suit in public since. I do go swimming now and then but as soon as I get out I get protection on right away..................Sandy

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 31  Next