www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 3:53 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next
 Post subject: Re: Helping another
PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:38 pm 

Hi Sandy,
It's been a while since we've heard from you on this subject. It's nice to hear both of your friends are doing so well. It's also nice to see good things happen to nice people. It's also very, very nice to find a "significant other" that understands you're problems and is completly OK with it. Nice!! .....Paul Martin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 10:32 am 

Wow been awhile since I talked on this thread. Nothing really new going on Jane and Barry are still an item. My young friend is still with the professor, We all went out several time this winter to dinner and a movie or was it movie and a dinner :lol: I'm so happy to see these young people so happy. Both of these young ladies are like two peas in a pod with thier significant others. The other day I was with my young friend thinking to myself how far she has come and how proud I am of her. Jane and the kids are still spending most of their time with us. At the moment Janes youngest is sitting next to me coloring a picture. Janes mother picks him up most days and takes care of him during the day. But today he's my little helper :D ..............................Sandy :)

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:49 am 

Sandy,
Congratulations on the sound advice you are giving that young lady...as we all know, it is a difficult situation, and it sounds as though you are giving her a "shortcut" through all the trial & error most of us went through. I too wear cloth at night, as it is the only thing that will keep me dry. Washing is really no big deal, and as mentioned although there is a "large" up-front cost, it is quite economical in the long run.
I would suggest, if you are looking for an all-in-one type of diaper, that you check out the "snap-ez for life" products. The company was started by a woman who couldn't afford to buy diapers for all her children ( I guess she's had quite a few), and they have a couple of different types of absorbent layers which fit into a pocket in the diaper. The diaper snaps on, and has multiple attachment points to assure a good fit. They work really well for me during the day, although they are a bit too bulky to wear under regular clothing for me as I have to make it rather thick-evidently I'm a pretty heavy wetter. It may offer you an alternative to disposables at night, and the good thing about them is they are washer and drier safe, in fact, the hotter the water, the better it is for the diaper...
By the way, I'm not affiliated with the company, I just happened to run across the website and decided to give them a try. It takes a bit of washing before you use them the 1st time, but they work very well for me. They aren't cheap, and I only have one "panty" and 3 "inserts", but that's all I need. I have seen them for sale on e-bay, and of course at the web site, where they occasionally have a sale going on. Overall, they save me money, they work, and that's what counts. The same for the cloth at night-never have a problem with leaks, don't have to buy additional disposables (which do leak) and get to reuse them over & over....it's worth the laundry time to save the money and the aggravation of leaks...
Hope this helps some, and congrats again on helping this young lady, sounds like you're doing a great job!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 27, 2012 3:27 pm 

Howdy people havn't been on this thread for awhile :wink:
Everyone is fine nothing much has changed with the girls and I. Jane and Berry are still an item. My young friend is still with the fellow I spoke about before. She still making dresses and still makes cloth diapers for herself. But hey here's a twist on a cloth diaper for you. As many of you know my young friend has been making her own Cloth Diapers. She's been making them with a draw string to hold them up like sweat pants have. She said she would make some for me if I wanted to try them out? I'm sorta on the fence with the whole cloth thing. She asked Jane about it but Jane said she would think about it. Jane told me If I wanted to try it she would. I said hey go for it! Don't hold out because of me I told her

I just got paged to go to the Shop :roll: Got to go all for now.................Sandy :)

PostPosted: Sat Sep 29, 2012 2:25 am 

Sandy wrote:
Howdy people havn't been on this thread for awhile :wink:
Everyone is fine nothing much has changed with the girls and I. Jane and Berry are still an item. My young friend is still with the fellow I spoke about before. She still making dresses and still makes cloth diapers for herself. But hey here's a twist on a cloth diaper for you. As many of you know my young friend has been making her own Cloth Diapers. She's been making them with a draw string to hold them up like sweat pants have. She said she would make some for me if I wanted to try them out? I'm sorta on the fence with the whole cloth thing. She asked Jane about it but Jane said she would think about it. Jane told me If I wanted to try it she would. I said hey go for it! Don't hold out because of me I told her

I just got paged to go to the Shop :roll: Got to go all for now.................Sandy :)

------------
give it a try, can't hurt. Cloth can make a good alternative at times...not often for me, but I'll still use cloth as needed. Good to have options on your protection. Just gives you more flexibility and at least you can experience the alternatives. Make sure you have good vinyl or rubber pants, though.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 01, 2012 1:46 pm 

I'm not new to cloth. I got talked into wearing cloth for awhile a few years ago. The two things I don't like about cloth are one the washing part. Two I don't find cloth to be all that comfortable when wet :( For me I find that wearing desposibles is more comfortable and easier to deal with then cloth. However I totally understand you side sleepers liking cloth at night. I've always been a tummy/back sleeper so the side leaks aren't much of an issue for me.
............................All for now..................Sandy :)

Post subject: Cloth diapers
PostPosted: Wed Oct 03, 2012 7:21 am 

Hi Sandy,
I suppose this is kind of "off topic" for this thread....Helping another....but that happens with most threads....<grin>

Very interesting the cloth diaper with a drawstring top...like sweat pants! that you're young friend has developed!

Altho I am a cloth diaper fan, I appreciate a good disposable and we now have a lot of good disposables.... so different from years back when a disposable diaper was something you had to "put up with and expect leaks". I wear disposables more now, for serious social events since dressing is much easier without the bulk of cloth diapering!

You mention laundry and wet feel; two very valid reasons to shun cloth diapers. Comfort when wet is very subjective, of course and the modern disposable with the feel dry lining is a great thing, no two ways about it. I would like to point out for cloth wearers that comfort has a lot to do with keeping the diaper up and not sagging as it gets wet. That can be hard to do but I can't stand a cloth diaper that is sagging....hence my dependance on support briefs with elastic straps or a good Lycra body suit!

I think the best of both worlds is wearing disposables by day and cloth by night and I think a good number of people do just that! Still the laundry hassle, but not as much and still the cost of disposables, but again...not as much as 24 hr use!

Sorry for the OT on this thread....which has been a fascinating thread from the start....keep it going....I'm waiting on the wedding bells to be ringing for Jane and Berry!

JoeK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 05, 2012 11:10 am 

Hi Joe
Yes I would agree with you on the sagging part of cloth. But you can have that with the desposibles as well. When I did wear cloth and dispsibles now I always wear a snug fitting pair of old lady style :oops: brief underwear over them to help keep them in place :wink: Of course this goes without saying they also help to keep the noise down and the bulk from showing as much.

Jane and Berry wedding bells :?: :?: Well Jane has shown no signs of giving in on that one. Poor Berry wants to so bad. Part of which I think is because Jane won't (how should I say) "do it" with him. Being she's not married to him. Funny part is we have gone to several different fuctions. Where people had the idea that they were married. Just by how they interact together with each other and the kids.

I've talked to Jane about it. But she always says I love Berry but I'm just not ready to be married again. I'm sure in time it will happen. I sometimes wonder if it doesn't have to do with us (my husband and I ) For the fact that we have more or less adopted Jane and her kids as family :?: The few times a month that Jane and the kids aren't here for an over night or weekend seems strange. My husband has commented on that, "the house is just to quiet" he's stated. Like I said before Jane is like a younger sister to both of us

Anyway all for now Jane just paged me to go to the shop :mrgreen: .............Sandy :)

PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2013 4:37 pm 

sandy i hope all are well there will be nice to hear from you sometime on the people you are helping here

PostPosted: Fri Aug 02, 2013 4:16 am 

I have joined this board, this is my first post. Sandy I would love you to give us an update on the 2 love stories developing here. A real tribute to you, and of people rising above adversity. I have no desire to share my problems on a public forum, but have gained significant hope from the others posting here, in particular this thread.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 307 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31  Next