www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 3:21 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 6:49 pm 

Earlier i went into the bathroom to take off my dirty diaper and jump into the shower. After i wipe a little, I stand naked in front of the mirror to remove as much of my makeup as possible before jumping into the shower. I lean forward to get a better look at my face, and before i know it, Im peeing all over my leg and floor. Stunned, i just freeze like a dear caught in headlights, and just stare as it runs down my leg.

Im standing less than two feet from my toilet and I don't have the presence of mind to sit down and finish? What the hell is wrong with me?

This isn't the first time I've peed while changing my diaper, but the first time i can remember actually being in the bathroom when it happens.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 07, 2015 10:30 pm 

LilliDew, that happened to me a few days ago. Sometimes my bladder doesn't feel urgently full when I wake up in the morning, and I can actually make it to the bathroom without having an accident first. On that particular morning, I was standing in front of the toilet, in the process of pulling down my pull-up, when I started to involuntarily pee on the floor before I could sit down. I did sit down quickly, but the flood came so hard and fast that I didn't get much in the toilet. It happens once in a while.

I keep a roll of paper towels under my bathroom sink for general cleaning and accident clean-up. I don't flush them - I wring them out in the toilet and then put them in a plastic-bag-lined wastebasket under the sink.

Wetters

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:30 am 

I had that happen once too. Mornings are my worst times of days for holding anything in. Sometimes I wet before I even get up but sometimes it happens when I first stand or before I make it to the bathroom. Nowadays, I just don't even bother trying because I know I'm going to wet anyway. When this happened to me, it was in the evening (another trouble time for me) and I went into the bathroom to change and didn't realize I was peeing when I took the diaper off. Shocked me. For the most part, I can tell when I'm peeing even if I can't do anything about it. This time threw me for a loop.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 9:45 am 

This has happened to me too so humiliating glad one was alone. Before I get out of bed I am wet glad to be in diapers 24/7 I have taken to standing in the bath to remove my diaper as do I not wish to be caught out again I have also turned my bathroom into type of wet room so can wash down the floor. Touch wood so far so good.

I feel for all your frustrations so glad we are able to support each other through difficult times what would happen if the web was not around.

Greenbank

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:54 pm 

My post was more of a venting opportunity than anything else. I realize when your incontinent, obviously, it doesn't matter where you are. I typically know better than to leave myself vulnerable like that, hey but just like in the commercials, "pee happens".

Its always been easier for me to take off my diaper and wipe standing up, then lay back down to change it. So having said that, I have most of my accidents too, usually either when taking off my diaper and not realizing I'm still peeing, or I start peeing once again while I'm wiping.

I laugh at the memory, way back when my boyfriend and I first starting getting serious. He probably wouldn't appreciate me telling you all this, but he offered to change my diaper one time, before we headed out to dinner one night. And I was a little embarrassed, being that this was the first time, him seeing me naked. I hid my face in a pillow, and seconds later, I hear him scream out, "What the **** hun?!?" I launched a stream at him, drenching his sport coat, and didn't even know it.

Who says girls can't projectile their pee like boys do? LOL

All funny aside, I wasn't surprised really that that accident happened, it was just the frustration within me, wishing I hadn't just stood there and watched it happen. On the bright side though, I would've probably made an even bigger mess, had I attempted to reach the toilet anyways.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:10 pm 

LilliDew

Glad you felt comfortable sharing your frustrations with us hope you are feeling a little better.

Your story gave me a smile :)

Incontinence is a funny thing just when you think you have everything under control it can give you an unexpected surprise just as a reminder to say hi I am here. When this happens I groan and say why me then settle back into my routine till the next time.

I had a similar experence in a public loo once glad it was one for mother and baby too. Went to change only for a gush to come everywhere I was frozen to the spot in shock quite an out of body experence. Lucky I had been shopping for new clothes though and had a change I felt so embarrised with myself.

Anyway take care

Greenbank

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:29 pm 

Being that this is obviously centered around accidents that we all have, imagine this scenario that once happened to me. As you can probably tell, I have very little control over my bowel as well... i may be able to feel it coming (sometimes), but having worn diapers for so long, its almost as if i have forgotten how to hold it, whether i do or not.

Anyways, there was this time not too long ago, where i was buying baby wipes at a local Walgreens near where I live. I was standing in line waiting, and this cute guy in front of me started talking to me, even though I have a loving boyfriend, Ive never been afraid to flirt :wink:

We move up in line (a lot of people this particular morning) and during this conversation i coughed into my sleeve, and instantly my butt explodes LOUDLY, setting off a massive chain reaction, that i will NEVER forget. This poor guy im talking too, gets sick by the smell, and throws up all over the cashier. The cashier, then in turn, turns around and throws up all over the cigarette display behind him. Two people in line behind me start gagging and immediately jump out of line to go get the manager. I dropped the wipes and ran out of the store. I have never been back to that store ever since. Ive never been so embarrassed.

All of this happened, because I had to cough.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:29 pm 

LilliDew

To give you some comfort I was on crutches and knocked over a display in a shop and the goods went everywhere I too felt embarrised however the shop was great and I have been back since. Incontence is no different why do we feel embarrised with the disability we have it is all down to social stigma I can't imagine being double incontinent it is bad enough with urine. That being said why do we have to shy away when things don't go our way we are also victims too.

Take care LilliDew

Greenbank

PostPosted: Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:07 pm 

LilliDew,

Welcome to the world of neurogenic double incontinence. In order to manage fecal odor, I take Nullo with every meal. I clean myself out with enemas and/or laxatives before going out. Although I'm not ab/dl, I do use baby powder and lotion to mask the smell, because those seem to do the best job. I do Kegels and colon massage frequently, and I map toilet facilities on my usual haunts. The situation is humiliating, embarrassing, and it can be lethal.

Good luck. Glad to have you aboard.