www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 7:16 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2015 10:01 pm 

Hey all,

Up until now, i have always bought extended wear/premium diapers by the bag always buying a max of two bags at a time. Tonight however, all that has changed. I ordered my first case of extended wear. I ordered a case of Abena X-Plus. I have carefully weighed options over the last month or two, and more and more, it seems abena is my go-to diaper. They have leak guards, ample absobency, yet they have a decent acquisition rate in case i have a fast flood. Confi dry absorbs a lot yes, and so does absorbency plus..but they have poor acqusition rates. It would take longer for the diaper to absorb the urine and make the skin feel dry. I got kind of turned off with absorbency plus when i notcied they had leaked on me slightly. Yes, that can happen with any diaper wit the leg bands not having a good seal, but I am quite pleased with Abena's quality when it comes to tapes. They have a much better track record than either A+ or Confidry. So, for now, my primary extended diaper is Abena X-Plus. The funny thing is, even though i origionally meant them for extended wear situations, I seem to be entering a heavier phase with my incontiennce, and it seems easire to just strap on an X-plus at home and use it rather than stress out over making it to the toilet. Which is why i went ahead and bought a case. Another good thing is Abena has the cheapest case price of all the diapers on the site. That really helps a lot...

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:17 am 

Rob,

Good choice - and, if they work well for you, perhaps your best choice.

--John

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 1:40 pm 
Admin

If you feel that an longer wear diaper is the way to go, then Abena is the best bet for sure. Not my main item for day to day, but I have some for the days I want to avoid getting caught short, giving me the freedom to forget about the stresses of mid day changes, but is is rare I use them but appreciate they are an option. I see that AgeComfort has them on sale if you buy 3 cases at $53.99 a case, a bit hit but if you use them primarily, a good deal! http://agecomfort.com/products/abena-abri-form-original-briefs-x-plus-medium-case-adult-diaper.html 8) Puffy

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 2:46 pm 

Puffy, thanks for the info..but that 53 a case is only good if i buy 3 cases. that is more than I can afford...But thanks for thiking of me!

Peace out!

Rob

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:57 am 

Try amazon. Usually just over $50 a case, with free shipping, and no quantity requirement.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/ol/B005AWO6 ... dition=new

And if you order so that it's fulfilled by Northshore, you'll likely get samples of their house brand briefs and/or wipes included.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:44 am 

Hey MSU, thanks for the great tip! This will definetly come in handy when i order abena again.

Peace out!

Rob