www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:06 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:37 pm 

Hey all,

I know this isnt really related to dealing with incontinece, but.. it has to do with the kidneys, which are part of the urinary system. I was fine yesterday with mild pain..and thought I might not need the narcotic they gave me.. boy was I wrong about that! This moring, i woke up and felt fine, so i went to work..and abouot 15 minutes after the bus run started, the excuciating pain started. I couldn think about anyhting except the pain..and when I got home..i ended up vomiting. I called my urologist, and the nurse said that if Im in excruciating pain, to go to the ER. So, I did. They gave me some Topol and morphine though an IV.. oh, what a releif that was! Now i know what my brother went through when he had his stones. I think they are staring to pass.. so I'm going to take my doctors advice, and take it easy and rest the next day or two, push the fluids, and dope up on the Norco they gave me.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Last edited by sociologygeek on Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:44 pm 

Rob, sorry to hear that you are having a rough time. Rest up and that Norco certainly will have you feeling better. :roll:

--John

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:21 pm 

Ditto JD's comments ... sorry to hear about that! ... thank God for pain killers; use them; keep hydrated.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 11:59 pm 

I have seen a friend have kidney stones and I wouldn't wish that pain on my worst enemy. Hope you feel better soon.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:43 am 

Rob,

You have my sincerest sympathy. I've passed a kidney stone and know what you're going through.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2015 10:21 pm 

Hi all,

This post used to be titled "Spoke too soon about lithotripsy..wound up with Severe pain in ER". I thought id try my hand at recycling old posts instead of writing new ones..

Well, my incontience has shifted again.. now it seems to be of the oveflow type, where my bladder doesnt give me a clue it seems until its bursting at the seams.. and I think i might have a UTI.. things look a little cloudy in the urine..and I have some pain. It's not kidney pain, because its not in my lower back.. If I had to guess, id say its in my groin area.. and its not sharp..more of a throbbing achey kind of pain.. almost like what you get when you have a cramp.. and its well within tolerance level..its just that I don't want to be retaining urine..quite frankly, id rather be totally incontient than retaining any urine at all, because urine retention can lead to life threatning kidney damage/failure. I don't think I am in the "danger zone" yet. My urologist said to let her know if i can't urinate at at all. So far, I haven't reached that point. Despite my incotnience being prevalent every day. Im just worried if im not getting signals that my bladder might be overfilling and if that can cause problems..

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:27 am 

Rob,

If you really think you have a UTI, don't wait - call your urologist now. It can become so much worse it you wait even a day.

--John

PostPosted: Fri Apr 17, 2015 6:39 pm 

Ouch, hope things turn around for you on this.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 18, 2015 1:24 am 
Admin

And this too shall pass... the FASTER the better! (I am sure you think that too) Never had kidney stones, but if it is anything in comparison to the testicular pain I suffered years ago, my deepest sympathies, I wish I had went to Emerg for the drugs, it was brutal beyond belief! Better after surgery, but I got lucky, many still have the pain afterwards. :cry: Puffy