www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:47 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:10 am 

Hey all,

I'm pleased to report that my lithotripsy went off without a hitch, or leak... and i really had nothing to worry about at all with my aunt. I ended up not taking any spare diapers wtih me isntead opting to boost the X-Plus i was wearing. Ultimately, it mostly went unused..and thats ok.. I had it on just in case after the surgery I had a flood come on.

Actually, I MIGHT be getting some control back..but I don't want to assume that yet.. it just seems that things are quieter down there..but I wont come to that conclusion until a week goes by. I still plan to pad up every day with a premium extended wear on teh buses, just in case.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:22 am 

That is excellent news Rob!

On getting control back, be patient. You may be looking at months, rather than weeks, for any substantial change.

--John

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 11:47 am 

I wonder if you would be willing to share what the procedure was like. Were you awake, or did they put you to sleep? Can you describe what the equipment they used looked like? I'm curious because I've been told that I may need to have the procedure done someday.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 27, 2015 10:31 pm 

Inconmiss,

I would be happy to describe it. Basically what happened is I went to the hospital at 1:30..which was 2 hours or so befor the actual time..i wastold that the urologist was running late..not her fault..i guess appointments ran a little long.. no biggie. I was expecting to wait anyway. They gave me a goodie bag of 2 urnials, 2 filters, 2 containment jars.. and i think a baggie.. but i dont know where the baggie is. anywhoo.. one question i had was wehtehr i could keep proteciton on during hte procedure. I was told yes by my urolgist..no, to take it off by the lpn, and then finally yes by the urologst.. so on it stayed throughout hte procedure. my urologist signed my left side just to say she saw me. the had me transer to a cushinon.. in the holding area..they gave me some relaxing meds.. and then in the OR they gave me gas.. the last thing I remember is them having a heck of a time triying ot fit my mouth and nose over it..so they just put my mouth over it..or my nose.. next thing i know.. i wake up in recovery boom bam..im done.. I was in some pain but not a lot. it was tolerable. When i urinated after the procedure, there was blood.. and it hurt somewhat. Don't worry, blood is the urine is normal after lithotripsy and is nothing to worry about. expect to get a strainer to catch the stones that you pass so they can anylyze them. And dont worry about trying to catch them if you have an incontinent episode.. you can see them in the diaepr easily enough.. they look like specks..just pluck them out with tweezers. As far as wondering wehtehr or not the lithotripsy would give me any control back.. I honestly cant say one way or another. I don't think that it has.. because i had 2 incidnences today where i started wetting and couldnt stop. Frankly.. I wasn't expecting too much.. I figured by not expecting to become conitnent again i woudlnt be disappoitned if it didnt happen.. and very pleasently suprised if it did. But even if somehow i was dry 100% now and that it was found that the kidney stones were 100% responsible for the incon, and that i can avoid being incon just by drinking water.. i still woudlnt feel comfortable going without protection until at least a year had passed. I don't think that's being paranoid..i think it's prudent. Twiice now i thought i had this beat, and twice i started wetting again..so... eh.. I don't care if i wear diapers the rest of my life..i really don't..its me, its part of who i am

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II