www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 2:39 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Mar 22, 2015 11:30 am 

Hey all,

I discovered quite by accident, and this was somewhat of a surprise to me, but I found at least with some brands, Abena definetly being one of them, along with I THINK confi dry, and possibly A+ not sure.. is i get a MUCH better seal at the leg bands and less gaps, which in turn equals better leak protection if diaper in a standing position. Does any one else notice this? Also, I think Abena may quickly be becoming my new favorite extended wear. It may be 10 less than ConfiDry, and 5 less oz than absorbency plus overall, But the acquisistion rate is A LOT better.. it it 2 minutes faster, and the re wet capacity is 10 ounces, the best in class. not to mention as far as wicking distance goes, it has both A+ and Confidry beat by a half an inch. Ive overall been very pleased with them. Not to say I haven't also been pleased with A+ or Confidry, but the numbers on Gary's tests dont lie.

Anyway, i gotta go to church..thought Id share this..

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Mon Mar 23, 2015 2:54 pm 

I can't say standing is better as I have only done it standing a half dozen times or so. My preferred method is laying on my bed to put my diaper on and I believe I get the best fit in this manner. One thing I do in addition each diaper change is cover the tapes with clear duct tape. It really helps to keep the tapes stuck, especially if you live an active life like I do. I still find the stand up diaper change a bit awkward and quite a loose fit but we all do it differently.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 9:32 am 

I've been using abena recently. I recently discovered that they are too long for me front to back, and that I get the best fit if I start with the back of the diaper positioned correctly, and let the front ride up high. At the end I fold the excess in front down and in. It has the benefit of shifting the padding in front up, where I need it more.