www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 12:18 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 1:49 pm 

Today I got a bag of Abri-Form and a bag of Delta-Form from XP Medical. I think it would be amusing to all of you if I repeated the comments verbatim from other people in the buiding.. I go to pick up the package.. and one of the other tenants in the lobby says, I want one.. and I'm like uh.. and she says probably not what you got.. im like uh yeah... then I go to visit a friend of mine who is supportive of my incontience with my box in hand to show him what came..because we like to make jokes about it.. but he wasnt home.. so a couple more ladies come and see me carrying the box.. and are saying..is that for us.. I'm like uh..no.. and then later.. I go to talk them outside and apologize for not holding the elevator door when I saw them.. and one of them asked.. are you baking us a cake.. and I'm like no.. and then they ask.. well what is it..im like ummm and then they say you dont have to tell us.. and i say, thats personal..

Has anyone else had to put up with overly curious neigbors? How do you deal with it? I actually found some of the comments amusing because one of the tenants who said I want one probably had no idea that she was saying I want adult diapers LOL..

The good thing is, soon ill be back in with my parents and there wont be anymore nosy neighbors..my parents already know about my incontinence, so they dont need to ask whats in the box.. they already know :).. I'm fine with close friends and family knowing..but my neighbors and a random joe on the street..thats another matter entirely..

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 3:52 pm 

Tell them it's supplies for your satanic alter. Invite them to come see, but require they bring a baby and a filet knife.

Last time they will ever ask about your packages.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2015 5:03 pm 

Good one Spartan...the only problem with that is, I don't have the heart to say that because I'm a devout Roman Catholic.. and also, some people in my building would most likely take offense to that because they also are deeply religious...

Maybe what I could say is its a tarantula... or a snake.. and invite them to come see.. they probably woud'nt want to..

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 6:11 am 

Never been asked but I guess some people will have guessed by now that I have nappies and incontinence products delivered on a regular basis.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 7:44 am 

You could say that they are new "seat covers". They could then use their imaginations as to seat covers for what...car, truck,etc.
Years ago my father told me I was getting new seat covers for my birthday, and it ended up being a sleeping bag. I'm probably dating myself here. Some of you may not know what I'm referring to. I'm not sure they even make them anymore.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 10:12 am 

The snake or tarantula wouldn't work on me. I would definitely come back to see.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 1:44 pm 

I'm old enough, dp! Were you something like 17 with your first car?

Wetters

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2015 4:27 pm 

I don't get diaper box order delivery often enough to spark the interest of my neighbors. However, I do hang out my laundered diapers when the weather permits, which allows many of them to see. From time to time I have been asked about them, and I've tried to use it as a teachable moment. They have seen me walking like a drunk, but stopped gossiping when I explained that I have bi-lateral Meniere's disease. When they remark about my diapers on the line, I explain that I also have a genetic disease that has attacked the nerves to my lower body, making diapers necessary. I would like to think that has ended the gossip, but small-town America would die if its members could not gossip about each other. As long as they're gossiping about me, somebody else's reputation is spared attack.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 20, 2015 6:21 pm 

Patrick, I love your attitude!