www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 9:38 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Mar 09, 2015 10:34 pm 

Hey all,

I'm seeking the opinon of all you good helpful people out there. I am wondering when it comes to brands like ConfiDry, Abena, and A+ two things.. first is whether i always need that level of protection if I plan on wearing it for a 7 hour school day and changing once during that period. Second is whether that change is actually necessary. I think the main reason why I've been changing once per day regardless of how much I wet or how absorbent the diaper is is becuase I remember wearing a Wellness brief all day with a booster. It didn't feel overly wet, but I did detect a slight odor. But, that was before i started wearing nylon pants over the diaper. I started getting those to help with my attends leaking, and now i pretty much use them whenever i go out regardless of how absorbent the diaper is. Am I right in thinking that these nylon pants should keep in some of the odor? Also, I'm betting that the reason I experienced odor is that I was'nt hydrating enough and when I took the wellness diaper in question off a few months ago last fall, i noticed the urine was an almost amber color. Needless to say, that is NOT an ideal color for urine. I know that good health requires urine that is clear or pale yellow, which is why I made a new years resolution to drink more water daily and to stop misplacing my keys. I'm not sure about how well ive done on not misplacing my keys, since as of now my primary set went AWOL and im having to use my backup set..but (by the way, in case it isn't self-explanatory by my New years resolution, i misplace things CONSTANTLY..read:every other DAY) as far as the hydration goes.. I think I am on the right track. I make a point to buy bottled water at least once or twice during my work shift and drink it..and today I made sure to drink water while subbing.. And, come to think of it, in recent memory of using Dry 24/7 being uncomfortable and needin a change 4 or so hours in...I think i had actually flooded it a couple times, and I think i remember the urine being dark versus clear or light.. I'm thinking the more concentrated urine is, the more abrasive impact it has o on the skin??

Comments, and advice would be most welcome and appreciated!

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Tue Mar 10, 2015 6:26 am 

Rob,

Yes, the more concentrated urine will irritate the skin more and will tend to have more odor.

Your safest option is to stay reasonably well hydrated and change once during the day. If you stay well hydrated, it would be risky not changing your diaper during the day. Allowing to travel from home, I presume that you would change into your diaper an hour prior to school and again an hour after school, when you return home. That is 9 hours. While good diapers with a booster can last for 9 hours, it would be excessively risky to rely upon them lasting for that long in a work environment.

--John