www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 5:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:09 am 

Hey all,

Id like to ask something. Does anyone else notice after you wear a disposable with SAP in it after a long time, and go to change and look down.. you see SAP in the diaper area? I was at work tonight and was finishing up my shift running a bit behind on things, but then I got a pretty strong urge to have a bowel movement..and it felt like my ConfiDry was getting pretty full in the front, and since I knew this was probably one of those diapers loaded with SAP but not much fluff to wick fluid.. I thought Id better check and change so i can go ahead and sit on the toilet for a BM. It did put me behind at work, but I didn't get in trouble. I mean, when you gotta go you gotta go right? Anyway, when I pulled the diaper down, I immediately noticed what looked like SAP crystals on my genitals. I'm like huh..where is that coming from? As far as I could tell the top sheet hadnt torn and no sap was leaking throug there..but then I noticed a hole in the backsheet.. right where the tapes are.. and i thought well.. ok..but how would SAP from the hole on the OUTSIDE of the diaper..get INSIDE the diaper?? By the way.. has anyone else had ConfiDry fall apart on them due to the plastic backing giving way? I did not have a leak.. my pants stayed dry..but it was a bit of annoyance having to change so close to the end of shift. I wanted to finish out my shift.. but on the other hand.. I didnt want to put off the BM for too long. I was constipated, so it came out with diffiuclty. I think this is why toniight my incon seemed to be the spurt every 20 minute/overflow kind. It's weird.. I wasn;t this consitpated on thursday.. I had a good size BM midday with no difficulty at all.. hmm..not sure what I ate that would be constipating..

I am glad I decided to carry a spare attends with booster on my person..it came in handy tonight.

Maybe i'm taping too tightly? I don't know. Tonight when i changed i did it standing up..maybe if i lay down i get a better fit? The only probelm is in order to lay down to change, id have to go home to do it in my apartment.. if i chagne at work, i pretty much have to do it standing up. For those of you who use ConfiDry, or any other premium extedned wear, what application postion do you find works the best?

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2015 9:30 am 

Rob,

I wear ConfiDry 24/7 as my main diaper and never have had it leak SAP crystals. However, I have had other brands do so. I never have had the plastic backing on a ConfiDry 24/7 give way. Could it just have been a defect?

When I was newer to diapers I think leaking SAP crystals was due to taping the diaper too tight - but not always. Sometimes I suspect a manufacturing defect in the diaper. In dry diapers which definitely were not taped too tight I have noticed very tiny micro-tears in the mat which permitted SAP crystals to pass through. Fortunately, this is very uncommon.

Once the SAP crystals stick to your behind and genitals they are a mess to clean up. You also have to be sure that a lot of them at one time do not go down your drain or it can clog.

--John