www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 3:07 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:42 pm 

Well,I have long been past denial I have incontiennce.. I've mentally accepted needing to wear protection.. and have been ok with only making it to the toielt some of the time. What hit me today was.. strictly speaking, if you have moderate to heavy incontinence like I do, that requires a brief, because while some of the time you may only wet a little bit.. there are times where I flood.. and, when i have a flood.. I DON'T want to have nothing between my firehose and my pants and the outside world except a thinly padded pullup. It really doesn't make a difference whether you wear attends, or say ConfiDry.. your're still wearing a diaper. It also doesn't matter if you use the toilet or not.. youre' still wearing a diaper. If you wear all the time, pretty soon it really does become a moot point of whether or not you use the toilet. This realization hit me when I put in my order for ConfiDry and Abena for use at work, both subsitute teaching and Walmart. It hit me that I wasn't ordering moderate absorbency stuff anymore..i was ordering heavy-duty all day stuff.. which is a necessity, since I can never predict when a flood will hit.. and during the school day, Id probably only have one chance to change. Since Tena Slip Maxi is out of stock on XP's website while they switch over to the new cloth like version, I am resorting to ConfiDry and Abena. Up until this point, I was using Absrobency plus, but I detected a small leak by my underwear. It wasn't enough to get my pants wet.. but it did concern me. Granted, I was pulling my diaper up and down to use the toilet throughotu the day, and I think the second or third time i didn't have the best seal at the legs. I opted to go this time with protection that had leak guards. The reason why I ordered 2 different brands is because I like having backups. If a tape doesn't stick on the confi dry, I have an abena to back me up.. I can't wait to give the new Tena Slip Maxi a try though.

When the reality of my situation sinks in, namely, I'm ordering diapers that are for maximum absorbency, and soemtimes I actually need that level of absorbency, two things sink in. One, I am extremely grateful to still have good bowel control. I very rarely have a full-on bowel accident. The second thing I am grateful for is that i don't have continuous heavy wetting.. wehre i wet every half hour on the half hour constantly day in and day out. That condition would have serious consequences to my skin.

I just thought that I'd share this, because it was on my mind. Today I had a flood with next to no warning at all.. but you get used to that idea. I actually liked the way ConfiDry felt on my body. It was a long time since I had wore them, and one thing I noticed almost immediately after switching to A+ after using ConfiDry for several days was that A+ lacked the waistband which gave a more secure snug fit.. and the tapes are narrower. However, they did seem to stick more reliably that Confidry did.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:21 pm 

Rob,

To pee in the toilet are you untagging the diaper? If so, try pulling your penis under the leg gathers instead (I usually reinforce the tapes, anyway).

Getting a diaper with leak guards may help somewhat as it keeps the liquid in the main channel of the mat and away from the leg gathers, giving the mat longer to absorb it.

--John

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 5:34 pm 

JD,

I only untape to pee in the toilet if the diaper I am wearing has velcro tabs.. otherwise i do a "wiggle dance" and pull it down.. which makes the sides bunch up..and its been known to make a tape or two rip. Which is why when I am wearing a ConfiDry, Abena, or some other expensive premium brand, I really try not to pull it down if i can avoid it. I instead opt to use the diaper for its intended purpose. However, when it comes to bowel movements, obviously, it is not desirable to just let it go in the brief, because that entails a lot of embarassing odor and neccessitates immediate changing, and a really messy cleanup..so id just rather not go there. When I'm on the job at Walmart or subsituitte teaching, I don't usually pull it down unless I have to poop.

Am I the only one eager to try the new Tena Slip Maxi?? It would be awesome to have a heavy duty diaepr thatts both thin AND breathable!

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II