www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue May 07, 2024 8:26 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 12:23 am 

Hey all,

Well, I leave tomorrow.. and lemme just say I'm already glad i made the protection choices I did.. I sent ConfiDry and A+ level 4 in size medium and regular, respectively, to my parents..I had some misgivings about whether the tabs would hold every time on the A+ due to recent issues of them popping. But I have NO doubts as to their absorbency and comfort being just what I need to get through this trip with minimal interupptions. I noticed that i was having a couple wettings in a row.. so i figured what the heck.. id tape on a A+ and change it when it got uncomfortable. That was roughly between 8:00 and 10:00 am..it is now 10:30 pm and i am still wearing the same brief. I am not overly uncomfortable, and I have not leaked, in spite of the fact that the diaper has been wet multiple times and the padding was well saturated and falling apart. Yes, there was a noticeable odor when I took it off..so obviously I won't push it that far when I'm on vacation down there. Based on this, I should be dry and comfortable all day long with one or two briefs per day, or 3 at most.

I am excited about getting out of this cold Northern MI weather and getting down to the Florida sun, but I'm also nervous about some things.. I haven't taken a plane trip while incontienent since 2009... Im nervous about tapes failing or not sticking on application and having no backups..and carry on space is limited. I also realized that my onesies would probably set off the metal detector..so, I guess I plan on putting those on after I get through security..and only taking some of them, not all of them. I guess for the trip down there I'm going to mix Attends with my current exteneded wear choice of A+ 4... I guess I will wear the attends through security..and as soon as I'm through..ill change into the A+ to avoid having to change again... But I don't know if I can do that.. The first flight is out of a small airport.. they don't have a bathroom to change past security..

I'll figure it out.. i guess the worst that could happen is I leak and wet my pants... if that happens, I doubt anyone around will know me.. although some might...

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 4:18 am 

Good luck with your trip! It should all work out fine. Enjoy yourself!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 17, 2015 6:56 am 

Have fun on your trip, you can always use duck tape to re enforce the tapes works great for me on my 24/7's

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 3:42 am 

Hey Geek: I also hope you enjoy your trip in the warmth and sun.

One word of caution (if you read this while in FL) ... Do keep in mind that FL weather is quite humid. And if you travel from a dry environment to a humid one, you are way more susceptible to UTIs! So air out often; keep as dry as possible; and get treatment at the first signs of a UTI.

Sadly ... I speak from personal experience! :roll:

Best, ILuvLA.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 18, 2015 9:01 pm 

Enjoy your trip, and report back when you can, either from Florida or Michigan.

Using a small airport must complicate incontinence management. I always try to go through security as dry as possible, then change into heavier protection for the flight.

Here in Pennsylvania local meteorologists are telling us to expect wind chill temperatures as low as -35F for the next two days, and Michigan got this air before it came here. I hope Florida will be kinder to you than Michigan was. This winter has long overstayed its welcome, if you ask me.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 10:27 am 

Patrick wrote:
Here in Pennsylvania local meteorologists are telling us to expect wind chill temperatures as low as -35F for the next two days

Where in PA are you Patrick? I'm in the Lancaster area and today I think it was -1 when I went out to go to work with a wind chill of -21. Not fun weather. Every school in the area is on at least a 2 hour delay.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal