www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 8:40 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:43 am 

Hey all,

One thing I realized tonight at work is that I no longer really give a second thought to putting on a diaper day to day, or putting on a thicker diaper to go to work so I don't need to bother using the toilet to be more productive. I think I have mentally accepted that this is who I am.. I have not had any more emotional downers like I posted about a few months ago. And, interestingly enough, when I think about my co-counselors this summer finding out about my incon, the thought doesnt really bother me. In my application to camp, I did ask for private quarters, but not because I was afraid of them making fun of me, but rather living with an incontinent person is bound to involve odor from used diapers, not to mention I need extra storage space. It also wouldnt hurt to have a private area to dry out in... It actually has been several months since I expereinced a painful rash on my genitals like i used to.. and I attribute this to two things: using better quality diapers more often, and spending as much time as possible aring out between changes. I often lie on my bed in my birthday suit, and have been known to sleep that way too these days.. I'm not worried about wetting the bed, because I always wet only when I'm awake. I know..it sounds odd..but its true..I don't know why that is, but I certianly accept it for the blessing that it is. My situation would be greatly more complicated if i also wet at night. I still wear to bed when im not airing out though, because I often wet large amounts upon getting out of bed before I can make it to the toilet. But I digress; my point is that I think for me I can safely say that incontinence and diapers has become my new normal. It makes things a lot easier..not having the mental strife over peeing in the toilet versus peeing in the diaper... not agonizing over dropping everything to go pee in the toilet.. Just letting go and saying to hell with it..there is something freeing in that.. :)

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Mon Feb 16, 2015 10:09 am 

Rob,

Hooray! I think the mental struggle of dealing with incontinence is too often underrated. When we surmount the mental obstacle, dealing with incontinence as just another of the challenges life sends our way becomes so much easier. Keep up the good work.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 19, 2015 8:03 pm 

I agree with your assessment. It's been a gradual process that has occurred over years, but I too have accepted diapers as normal for me. My wife, daughter and friends have also been an integral part of this, and without their encouragement, humor and support, I would most certainly not made so much progress.