www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 4:34 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 6:24 pm 

Hello everyone,

As i mentioned in a previous post, I ordered a sample of Secure Personal Care's X-Plus diaper.. according to the site they are superior in features to Abena.. Honestly, ill belive it when i see it.. I sampled the medium size, as that is usually the size that fits me. I have the diaper on now as we speak, and it seems to be comfortable, otehr than the legs are a wee bit tight. Perhaps it's the way the diaper is cut, or perhaps it the way i taped it on.. but it does seem that for this diaepr, i might want to up a size... they do have a foam waistband which feels comfy against the skin.. these could be a contender for extended wear options, if i can get the sizing down right... did anyone else try this diaper? what did you think?

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:20 am 

Rob, do you have any specs on the diaper's absorbency?

--John

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 4:34 pm 

JD,

If you are talking as in a numbers figure of ounces or whatever, no I don't. The website i ordered the samples off of claimed superior absorbency to Abena X-Plus. Frankly, I'll believe it when I see it.. I didn't max out absorbency or do any water tests on it.. I was more concerned with fit..which seems adequate, other than the waistband feels a bit loose on the front and rear..similar to when i had that issue with the Absorbency Plus level 4.. but.. they definetly do absorb more than your garden variety adult diaper, thats for sure. My skin felt dry and the diaper felt mostly dry to the touch when i took it off.. I suppose the only reason my skin felt wet is that i was in a sitting positon, and some urine is bound to fall back down and make contact with the skin. They are definetly able to hold 2 or 3 bladderfuls without leaking by the looks of the padding coverage.. I did not leak sitting down..which is a relief..as ive had multiple leaks wearing my medicaid attends sitting in my computer chair. It used to be the case that my incontiennce episodes happen when i'm standing up.. i can no longer rely on that it seems. I've had episodes of spontaneous wetting both sitting and laying down, all the more reason to NOT trust my attends to protect me at camp this coming summer. Of course, it is the case if i drop what I'm doing and run to the bathroom i sometimes make it.. I won't always be able to do that at camp, so I WILL need a premium diaper to protect me, which will cost a pretty penny, buit I think its worth it. There's no place in the world I would rather be than at that camp. It is my second home.. the happiest ive ever been in recent memory.

While I can't vouch for whetehr the product lives up to its claimed absorbency, one thing that it does live up to is the claim htat the tapes are superior. The diaper has a sturdy taping panel, and I was able to refasten several times for fit. These might be a contender for an extended wear option if i can figure out whether i think the fit is ok.. still new to the whole extended wear category.. the outer cover is polybacked, with a soft shell, and comfortable foam waistbands.. I felt pretty comfy.. the second diaper I applied..the first one, i tended to chafe.. I attribute that more to how it was applied than the diaper itself. The crotch is definetly cut wider that your standard disposable.. I'm told the diaper is virtually a non-AB/DL clone of the Bambino Bianco or Classico diaper.. The tapes are closer to gether than you find on most disposables.. not sure if that is a good thing or bad thing..

Bottom line..honestly, jury is still out on these.. but i definetly like the tapes. Would definetly be willing to try another sample and compare it to say, Abena.

Peace out!

Rob

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 5:01 pm 

Rob, where did you get the samples from? Every time I look for Personal Care they are out of stock.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 21, 2015 7:55 pm 

msshendo,

I got the sample off their site under x-plus taped brief, and selected the sample pack option under medium. I just checked a second ago, and they are in stock on medium, but out of stock on size large..so if you wear a size medium, youre all set..if you wear size large..well, then youre out of luck.. I suppose I'm lucky since so far size medium fits me just fine, and as a rule, those seem to be in stock more often than size large or x-large..although, i do seem to be gaining some weight..but I think it fluctuates.. as of now i am a size 36 waist..I was a size 34 several years ago.. honestly, two inches isnt that big of a deal.

Peace out!

Rob

PostPosted: Thu Jan 22, 2015 8:17 am 

Rob, that's good feedback. Thanks.

I agree about the fit. Many people do not realize that the absolutely most important factor about choosing a diaper is that it fits your personal anatomy well. Even the most expensive premium diaper will leak if it does not fit well.

I am getting some spontaneous wetting also, so I found your remarks about the diaper not leaking when you were sitting down to be helpful.

--John