www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 9:05 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dual tape woes
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 1:33 am 

Ok.. I am a fan of the Absorbency plus..dont get me wrong.. i like the value..I like the cushiny comfort of the padding.. I like the gel core...
my issue is with the tapes.. they don't seem to stick as well ever since they went to the refastenable tapes. I know they work well for some people, but I actualyl find them harder to stick than the orginal tapes. I suppose that is a distinct advantage of the clothbacked diapers with the hook and loop tabs. It seems clear that a diaper with a frontal tape panel would be more ideal for me.. which is why I am trying out Secore X-Plus.. still waiting ont hem to arrive...they did not send them via fed ex like XP does.. but, then agin..shipping from them is free on bags, and cases..just takes a bit longer..

For those of you who use the superabsorbent extended wear types (Abena, Molicare, Dry 24/7, Absorbency plus) which brand has the best tapes? I do remember when I sampled Abena X-Plus, the tapes held up well enough. Any input would beaprpecated..and yes, i am a ware of the supplemntal taling option.. id like to use that as a last resort :)

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

Post subject: Re: Dual tape woes
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 6:37 am 

Believe it or not, the Northshore Supreme Briefs, in my opinion, has great tapes.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 11:49 am 

Thanks for the input Scott.. perhaps i will give them a second look..they seemed a bit bulky for my taste.. but hey.. whatever works right? Btw..i realy like your signature.. that line is straight out of Star Trek Generations.. HUGE star trek fan here :D

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 12:51 pm 

Hi all

I wear taped Attends Active Slip/Diaper during the day and the two tapes hold really well and have not let me down even after a refixing. At night I wear a traditional Attends Regular Plus Slip/Diaper initially I had tape issues however this was down to user error not the Diaper I now have no problems with four tapes.

Greenbank

PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2015 2:17 pm 

How is the absorbency on the northshore brief compared to the. Absorbency Plus level 4 from xp medical