www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 8:14 pm 

Hey all,

Since I did not yet get any feedback on my last post about protection in florida where I asked how Northshore care air supreme compared with Super Seni Quatro in terms of absorbency, i think I'll go ahed and do a repost. Has anyone here tried both and can offer me a comparison? Also, doesn't how long a diaper last actually vary from person to person due to the type of incontinence and how much urine they output at any given time, IE a bladderful all at once vs slow steady spurts?

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:23 am 

Northshore Air Supreme - 40 oz.

Super Seni Quatro - 128 oz.

--John

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 11:46 am 

Thank you so much JD..that is very helpful info..and thank you for your patience.. I might ask the same question over and over on a different topic with some people that i have forgotten the answer to.. and I might say things without subltety or tact.. part and parcel of the PDD-NOS.. just a heads up.. if I ever am overbearing or seem obsessive on a particular subject.. it is never my intention to annoy or offend anyone..I happen to be a devout Catholic Christian gentleman who always tries to see the good in onthers and do good.. but who also has found social decorum and social rules to be hard to follow.. as many on the autism spectrum do. Not that I'm saying that anyone has come out and said that ive annoyed or offended anyone..I just want make it clear just in case anyone does get that vibe from my posts.

Peace out!

Rob

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:38 pm 

Just another one to consider, though it is not a high capacity diaper I have great luck with the Tena Classic, it is not super thick but pretty absorbent and VERY breathable. I have great luck with this diaper in the summertime when it is warm out. It's one of my go-to diapers......

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 3:30 pm 

Ok, here goes. Based on what I have read about the Seni, I'm definitely leaning toward using them as part of my regimen on the Florida trip, and think they would work out great. My ONLY concern is the tapes. I remember the diaper being quite snug when i tape it on, and its not as easy to wiggle the diaper down to use the toilet. Now, since as a rule i havent really worried about using the toilet when wearing extended wear to pee..going that route will spare me hassles on trying to get the diaper down to pee in a public restroom.. That being said, since i have full bowel control.. I am not keen on using them to do number 2..as im sure anyone with bowel control would not be as well. This creates a small problem, since the tapes on the Seni are a hybrid sticky tab and hook and loop tab.. and I have not had the best of luck with the hook and loop tab on this particualar diaper in the past.. how do I resolve taking the seni down to poop if im out and about on my trip? This is why im considering ordering both a bag of Northshore Care Air plus and Seni... not because the seni wouldn't perform well-by all accounts, it seems it would do just fine-but what would I do if i needed to poop, took down the seni, and ended up ripping a tab... id be stuck with no backup...

Any ideas on this? Did anyne else have issues with the hook and loop tab portion of the tape? If so, how did you resolve it? Input is most appreciated!

Peace out!

Rob

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 6:32 pm 

Rob, you bring up a very good point. Removing the tapes on any breathable diaper in order to poop presents a problem as the tapes are less likely to adhere as firmly when reattached.

I routinely double tape most diapers - but am able to slip them down over my hips and back up again after I poop. As the diapers were taped rather snugly when I first put them on, they seem to fit o.k. after pulling them back up.

If removing and reattaching the tapes is your primary concern, I recommend any diaper with a plastic front tape landing zone such as the Tena Slip Maxi or the Unique Wellness Superio Signature diapers.

--John

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 8:44 am 

John,

Thanks for the input. I should clarify something..my attends breathable have hook and loop tabs..and I have NO problem getting them to stay fastened. and can easily unfasten and refasten them multiple times if needed (unless i rip a tab off).. However, the Seni's blue sticky tape tab and white hook and loop tab does not seem to hold as well when the white sticky tab is applied. I noticed the same setup with Abena. Personally, I don't know who thought it was a good idea to have sticky tabs with cloth back diapers! When I am wearing cloth back, i prefer hook and loop velcro.. Attends has a pretty good setup with theirs..and Northshore care has the same system, as does Abena Delta Form. By the way, i just found out from my mom that we are not planning to stay out as late as i thought.. I thought wed be in the parks from 8 in the morning to 8 at night straigt..but i was forgetting we are going to have my 3 year old niece with us :D :D that will be FUN! In which case, I might not need the seni's absorbency, but may end up preferring them anyway due to the slimmer design.

Peace out!

Rob

PostPosted: Sun Jan 04, 2015 12:19 pm 

Rob,

Good points.

Nieces and granddaughters are a delight but can be a complication for those adults who have to wear diapers. My oldest granddaughter is just out of diapers and my youngest is still in diapers. I go to extremes so that they will not see me wearing, or learn that I am wearing, diapers. That could send a confusing signal at their young ages. Plus, I can just imagine the girls announcing to everyone around "my Granddad still wears diapers!!"

--John