www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 10:12 pm 

I am breathing a BIG BIG sigh of relief..my Delta Form diapers arrived today, along with my bodystocking..they actually shipped from different warehouses...the diapers shipped from their MI warheouse, the bodystocking from the one in CA..but both arrived today! I don't know how that happened, but i will never cease to be amazed how fast XP Medical delivers their products! I know I can always rely on them to deliver in a timely manner.. out of all the times i have ever ordered from them..only once did i have to wait a whole week for them to get here.. and that was due to the diapers being in their CA warehouse... I just love XP Medical to death! They make my life so much more easier, and im sure a lot of people like them too!

By the way, if anyone is looking for an extended wear diaper that is infinetly readjustable..i would recommend giving delta form a try.. with a booster pad i imagine theyd be right up there with abena abriform x-plus... unless of course, you don't like cloth backed diapers..in which case Delta Form would not be good. But me, perosnally, i can go either plastic back or clothbacked... ive had good success with both.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2014 11:17 pm 

Glad the Delta Form worked out for you.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 2:28 am 
Admin

I tried them in s sample pack I got recently, very much similar to a Tena Super, but with leak guards. I would use them, cloth or plastic backed! Puffy

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 10:12 am 

I got a sample of the delta form a while back and fwelt they could do a descent job for what I needed. I went ahead and got a case of them. Once I had the chance to wear them over two or three days I could see the difference. I don't know exactly what Abena dose to make them cheaper but there is a difference. Even though they are cloth backed they are not that breathable. I found I sweated in those pretty bad. To some degree worse then the plastic backed ones. The other big difference is the padding will break apart if you have them on for awhile and are very active that day. More then once the padding would get wet in the center, go up the front a little and sperate. This would cause about a 4 to 5 inch section of padding to be dry in the top of the front pannal with no way of soaking up anything. Something else is the backing seems a bit not unforgiving then some of the other brands. I felt like I would have a chaffing issue of I used them long term.
I still have some of these but I have gotten to where I use them as a back up diaper if I am between changes and dont want to waste a better diaper for just 2 or 3 hours of wear.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 26, 2014 12:31 pm 

Rope, I agree with you with the clumping issue.. I noticed that myself.. but then again, I noticed the same thing with the Dry 24/7... I did not order a case..but only a pack. I don't think i will ever be ordering extended wear premium by the case; I simply can't afford to be doing that.. at the most, id do half a case at a time.

To be fair, i notice the clumping issue with a lot of different disposable brands..my attends breathable from medicaid included. Gary's Absorbency plus used to have that issue, but he recently redesigned the absorbent core to hold to gether better.

Honestly, the jury is still out on whether the Delta Form would be a long-term, use-in-every-extended-wear-situation diaper.. I guess i like to be eclectic in my extended wear.. mixing and matching.. a little confidry here, some A+ there... Because as we all know, no product is 100% perfect.. They all have their strengths and weakness.. Pehaps the next thing to do is to compare Delta form to Northshore Care's Air Supreme..because I REALLY like the hook and loop tabs.. It makes things a cinch to use the toilet when I can..
Has anyone noticed any clumping with Abena X-Plus? I did try a sample recently and didnt have many complaints...at first I thought the tapes were iffy..but they held just fine.

Speaking of Northshore Care, I was considering them for extended wear use this summer.. since they are a cost saving alternitve to name brands like Abena and confidry, but.. i was concerned when i read that their absorbency was actutally less than the dry 24/7 and abena and Gary's X-plus..until i read on the Northshore care website that according to their tests Abena held less than what Gary's test came up with.. that convinced me to keep an open mind.. However, the fit is a bit bulky for my taste.. but hey, if they make it so i can save money but still be protected for 4 or 5 hours and not have to worry about toilets.. i can wear my pants a size up..or wear coveralls.. protection in all cirumstances trumps any other concerns..

Peace out!

Rob

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 8:54 am 

Rob,

The absolutely best breathable diaper I have found is the Super Seni Quatro distributed by XP Med. The downside is the price.

As there is a thread on the Seni Quatro I will not repeat my reviews here, but you might take a look.

--John

PostPosted: Sat Dec 27, 2014 5:33 pm 

Thanks for the input JD..
I have tried a bag of the seni quatro.. not bad.. only downside was the tapes.. the tapes made it somewhat more difficult to remove the brief to use the toilet..but.. since in extnded wear situations lately I'm more content to let the diaper do its job rather than dropping everything I'm doing to go pee in the toilet, perhaps that disadvantage is mitigated..id only have to worry about taking it down to do a number 2. JD, back when you were still just bowel incontinent and peeing in the toilet, and were using the seni quatro, how did you manage to use the toilet? did you slide the diaper down? or did you undo the tapes? The tapes were ok.. but i found them hard to restick once i applied them, even with the secondary tape..

Peace out!

Rob

PostPosted: Sun Dec 28, 2014 1:25 pm 

I wear Abena M4s on a daily basis. I have found that the clumping problem can be almost completely eliminated by wearing a pair of snug underbriefs over the diaper.