www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 9:52 am 

Well, as they say, nothing good lasts forever. I have enjoyed relatively dry days the past few weeks or so.. changing once or twice a day.. and usally making it to the toilet.. that seems to have come to an abrupt end. I noticed things getting heavier last week.. and what made it unmistakably clear that the dry honeymoon was over with was when I flooded last night while cooking with my dad at my parents house. Up until then, i had not had a full on flood before.. it was spurts and dribbles..but im pretty sure that episode was a bladder full... which makes me all the more glad that i already went ahead last week and ordered a pack of abena delta form.. im going to need them for this weekend at work.. I just hope they get here before the weekend..if not.. im going to have to yet again resort to attends breathable extra absorbent with a booster and changing every break..which gets really irriating..because id MUCH rather just change on my lunch break when i have an hour to spare versus my two 15 minute breaks at work.. recently though i got smart..and started carrying spare Attends in my cargo pockets on my work pants and sticking a few booster pads in my right pants pocket..that works well..just need to figure out how to carry wipes on my person.. what I have been doing at work when i hcange is using paper towel with handsoap and water.. i know..its rather rough on the skin.. but it works in a pinch.. when i forget my wipes.. which happens often!

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 10:03 am 

Rob,

Sorry to hear about the floodgates being open. I am in a somewhat similar predicament. After my bladder incontinence being somewhat "in remission" following my back surgery, it has returned after 5 months of being dry. Of course, I continue to be bowel incontinent.

--John

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 3:09 pm 

Jd, you have mentioned that elsewhere, and i am sorry to hear that.. that sucks.. have the doctors given any recommendation? I again give you serious props in remaining active despite bowel incontience.. i would be afraid to leave the house if that happened to me.. the odor issues plus the need to immediately change would make life a nightmare.. serious props to you..you are an ispiration to me.. keep it up!

Peace out,

Rob

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 9:24 am 

Rob. Sorry to hear about the flood returning. Earlier in my odyssey, I too had similar bouts of seemingly getting better and then floods happening. The only thing I can suggest, which sounds like you are already doing, is be ready for the flooding.

For a variety of reasons I hessitated at "giving in" to full time, serious diapering. But in the end, it was better to keep on living life with sufficient protection than to be a slave to a bathroom, in fear of a major gusher, or embarrassed/inconvenienced when the damn would break.

Hang in there Rob ...

PostPosted: Tue Dec 23, 2014 11:43 am 

ILuvLA,

Thanks so much for your condolences..its always nice to know that when i have difficulties, i have friend to lift me up :) Yesterday on another incon support group that I belong to, i was musing on how i kind of miss wearing regular underwear. I missed my comfy Hanes boxer briefs.. I sometimes still wear them, yes, but of course over the diaper..the diaper will always be there, unfortunately. I have tried my best to get dry, but now i accept the permanency of this situation. You might want to give the delta form a try if you havent already.. they have hook and loop tabs..pretty rare on any extended wear brief which makes it a cinch to take off if you need to use the toilet for say, no 2. This would be a huge bonus to those of us who are urine incontinent only, because while we may or may not make it to toliet to pee (some of us not ever making it), we would most likely prefer to not poop ourselves..if we can avoid it.. I had to once, because i had taped the diaper on so well i couldnt take it off!

Peace out!

Rob