www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:19 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
 Post subject: Re: Confidence
PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2015 9:10 pm 
Admin

Yup, kept away from their little claws, they have enough toys to play with! :lol: Puffy

PostPosted: Sat Jan 03, 2015 5:10 am 

We learned that lesson too.

Everything in reach is a toy to this little guy. :)

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 5:00 am 

Onions, we have not heard from you. All Okay? Winter can either be a time to regroup or a time of depression. I hope it is the former for you. I hunker down and enjoy the quiet and solitude. Read/write take it easy as the snow falls outside (and falls and falls and falls). But the beauty is spectacular. So i hope you can find peace in it. Paul

PostPosted: Tue Feb 03, 2015 3:39 pm 

Cats truly are amazing creatures. I think cats tend to get less credit than dogs for being supportive of their humans but my two goofballs certainly brighten my day and they're very good at reading when I could use their support.

Attachments:
Boys on couch4.JPG
Boys on couch4.JPG [ 97.1 KiB | Viewed 3745 times ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 04, 2015 2:23 am 

Hi papa, everything is going fine. The winter has been pretty mild here but we had a bit of a blizzard a couple days ago. I stay in. I have a light that my doc at the VA sent me. It feels good to sit under in the morning. I guess it is for seasonal depression. I don't really feel so much depressed sitting around at home tho. Numb, really. Except when my cat decides to be cute or playful. Yep, cj, he is a great companion. A lady today passed me with a dog while I was waiting for a bus. She was visibly upset and asked if I had seen another dog similar to hers wandering around. I felt so bad for her. But, her friend came running by to say she found him. What a relief.

Still going to VA for treatment. Went today and found out someone was supposed to call me to reschedule. I don't mind, tho. Gives me a reason to get out and go somewhere.

Everything is well. Hope all is well with everyone.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 20, 2015 3:05 pm 

Onions, Just remember we are here. Papa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 5:58 am 

This thread started with a basic question but got off topic because of the need to support a fellow member. Which was the right way to go. But the initial question is still one I would like different peoples response to. Do you always hide your diapers even when alone? Are you at ease with them when at home ie. coming down in the morning in just your diapers to have your coffee/tea read the paper or go on your computer? What about when alone in the day? And more than saying yes or no why will you go around in just diapers or diapers and tee or that you would never even leave your bedroom without being fully dressed even covering them in bed. Are we embarrassed all the time or has that eased or gotten worst with time? Personally I seem to go back and forth. Although in the AM I never cover up. I am a very early riser. Other than that I can have days with the "I don't care" attitude to the "I want to hide forever" feeling.
And you...? Papa

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 6:10 am 

I had forgotten about this post and had to scan it to see if I replied to it. I did and still feel the same as when I first answered it. I will wear no pants at home and will be much more comfortable this way because I spend so much time hiding and covering it up but once I am no longer alone I will cover back up. A good part of that is I am not very comfortable being seen that way but also because I feel it would be in poor taste to expose those around me.
Just my 2 cents and how I feel.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 1:48 pm 

I have never felt comfortable, physically or emotionally, walking/sitting/working around the house in just my (absorbent or otherwise) underwear/bra/tee. Even when I'm home alone. My husband, who is not incontinent, has always done "the no pants dance" as I call it. We didn't raise kids and have been married for almost 43 years, and now I'm thinking it's a guy thing....

Wetters

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2015 7:05 pm 

Before this I would not have a problem going around in my birthday suit or sleeping in my suit if my son wasn't around. Wife didn't have a problem with me sleeping in the nude. Now call it embarrassment or just the way it looks, I am covered up with sleep shorts. Even through she knows about my incontinence all supplies are hidden in the corner of my side of the closest and we hardly talk about it.

Has it gotten easier over time, yes. when we are out and about, I just tell her I need to head to the car and will be right back. She just says ok. Only one time did she say stop drinking so much, but that was on a day I had drunk a beer and alot of tea so of course my bladder was paying me back.

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 44 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next