www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 1:28 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Re: Confidence
PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 3:59 am 

Papa wrote:
... Do you always hide your diapers even when alone? Are you at ease with them when at home ie. coming down in the morning in just your diapers to have your coffee/tea read the paper or go on your computer? What about when alone in the day? And more than saying yes or no why will you go around in just diapers or diapers and tee or that you would never even leave your bedroom without being fully dressed even covering them in bed. Are we embarrassed all the time or has that eased or gotten worst with time? Personally I seem to go back and forth. ... And you...? Papa

At first, I thought this would be "easy to answer: no I don't hide". But as I thought about it, sometimes my actions are different than my words. For the most part, I don't hide things. I can walk around the house (and even outside in the backyard) with nothing covering my diaper. My wife has no problems with that either. Nor am I "so paranoid" that someone might find out; if they do, then oh well.

Yet, every once in a while I get "that feeling" of shame. Shame that I am dependent on someone or (in this case) something and not able to handle it all myself. And while we are always dependent on both people and "things", there is something extra sensitive about being dependent on a diaper. Strange things is that as quickly as the shameful feeling may come, it can go.

Diapers are my underwear; that's all. I am not embarrassed, and can move on with life. (of course it took a few years to get to that point!).

Papa: I guess I am like you ... "I seem to go back and forth" ...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 6:29 am 

ILuvLa, right on! My wife is not comfortable with me wearing only a diaper around the house, but does not seem to mind so much when I have plastic pants or a pair of compression shorts over it. If I am alone, I wear diaper, plastic pants, and a T-shirt, period. :D That is how I feel most comfortable. For one thing, it gets a bit warm "down there" from all the layers and I do not want the additional warmth from trousers. Once I begin my daily activities I am unaware of the diaper until I am near the point where I need to change.

Re going into the backyard, you are bolder than I am. If my neighbors had no view of my backyard it would be different, but they do. :(

--John

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2015 10:07 am 

I'm only wet at night. I usually wear a pair of boxer briefs, and fleece pajama pants over my diaper, but it serves a purpose. Mild leaks are absorbed by the boxers, and don't wick through the fleece. I don't otherwise go out of my way to hide the diapers when I'm at home.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:36 am 

I don't go out of my way to hide my diapers at home. Although, even before wearing diapers I rarely would lounge around the house in just underware. I will wear just my diaper and briefs in the morning when getting ready in the morning before my shower and at night getting ready for bed. Other than that when hanging around the house I usually am wearing something.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal