www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 8:48 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 7:51 am 

Hey all,
It's been a while since i posted on this forum.. been rather busy with other things.. One thing i have definetly noticed within the last week or two is a marked decrease in spontaneous uncontrolled urinartion compared to a few weeks ago. Yes, i still have daily incontinence episodes, but i am using less diapers on a daily basis than i did before.. i make it to thebathroom more often. I'm not celebrating yet though.. i seem to remember before having days like this.. and then going back to having heavier days... Does anyone else experrience this fluctuation in their incontinence?

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 8:35 am 

Yes, I can have "light" days, when I wonder when I get home from work.....wtf. I don't need to change my protection yet. Usually this can go for a week max. where the leakages decreased, then all the sudden out of nowhere I'm back to scratch, and I leak all the time again.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 9:17 am 

Well guys, you have company. After my back surgery my bladder incontinence seemed to have gone into remission (my words, not my doctor's) for several months and I just had to deal with my permanent bowel incontinence. Lately I have begun to experience episodes of bladder incontinence again - sudden urge or just unwarned onset of urination. I can have a good day followed by a bad day but it is not constant even on the bad days, so I don't know what to expect. A couple of days ago I was taking a nap in my recliner and peed during my nap! That was a first for me and totally unexpected. Is there a category of incontinencve called "recliner wetting?" Fortunately, as I already am wearing diapers 24/7 for my fecal incontinence this was not a disaster. I have had to wear a more absorbed diaper at night (usually ConfiDry 24/7 or a Super Seni Quatro.)

As my current bladder incontinence is not constant, hopefully it is just another phase and again will diminish or go away again. Life is complicated enough without being double incontinent.

--John

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:56 pm 

JD,

I'm sorry to hear about the reocurrance of your blader issues.. Yes, that makes life more complicated for you.. I give you serious props for remaining active while still bowel incontinent.. yes you have it mostly under control.. but hte fact remains.. sometimes you might soil yourself in public and not be able to change.. That must be hard to deal with. Me, im just hoping that i can deal with diapers in and of itself and not have to start cathing.. which is a concern in the back of my mind since the incon does seem to sometimes be of the overflow type..

By the way, i still don't know how exactly a boosed attends breathable standard weighs in as far as absorbency.. anyone have any idea how much a dignity natuarl booster abosorbs?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2014 3:07 pm 

I wear the Attends breathable but rarely have major accidents or floods.....so I don't really put them to the test. My incontinence is on the lighter side and I pretty much always use the toilet.....protection is to catch the leaks after urination for 10-15 minutes.....I can wear pads/pull-ups but prefer the security of a regular diaper.....Tena Classic and Attends Breathable are my "go to" products.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:21 pm 

PB&J32 wrote:
I wear the Attends breathable but rarely have major accidents or floods.....so I don't really put them to the test. My incontinence is on the lighter side and I pretty much always use the toilet.....protection is to catch the leaks after urination for 10-15 minutes.....I can wear pads/pull-ups but prefer the security of a regular diaper.....Tena Classic and Attends Breathable are my "go to" products.

PB, I am curious, do you use Attends Brethable regular, or the Extra Absorbent version? I actually prefer the extra absorbent version myself, but Medicaid does not cover them, so i am resorting to using the regular attends breathable. One big difference between the two in additon to more generous padding on the extra absorbent version is that the extra absorbent version have wider tape tabs.. the attends breathable standard have narrower tabs.. which is why i prefer the Extra absorbent.and would love it if medicaid would cover them. But, its ok if they don't.. i do well enough on a day to day basis with the "standard" attends breathable...

Peace out!

Rob

PostPosted: Mon Dec 22, 2014 5:12 pm 

I actually buy the extra absorbent ones, for my light leakage they are overkill, but I prefer to be over protected than under protected. When you have one of these on there is a lot of bulk up front so you know you're covered well. I had a problem with the tapes tearing off and I contacted attends through their facebook page and they were quick to reply and they ended up sending me a replacement case of the diapers. They also sent a postage paid envelope to send 2 diapers and their package back to them so that they could do some testing. Very friendly and helpful people on the phone.