www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon Apr 29, 2024 1:08 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 6:37 am 

Hey all,

I have a question, that may or may not be answerable by the group, since very few of us are medical professionals of some sort, but here goes anyway... If one deliberately decides to just use the diaper at work because dropping everything to go pee in the toilet would hurt productivity and I already am on probation for job performance..and doing my best to keep the job i have as long as possible until i find something more ideal..can this eventually lead to total incontinence/diaper dependence, Ie wetting at night and not feeling at all when you have to go and not able to pee in toilet to keep diaper dry? How long does this take to happen? I will be honest here, i have gotten to the point where i am comfortabe with the idea of using a diaper for its intedned purpose for times where I can't drop everything and go pee in the toilet, since there are times where i get little to no warning anyway. But, I make a point to use the toilet at home when i feel an urge coming on.. I want to avoid total incontience and diaper depenence mainly because that would make me depended on the Hi cap diapers alll the time, and I may wet at night.

Anyone have any thougths on this?

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:14 am 

I am not a medical professional. So take what I have to say for whatever it's worth.

I've been following incontinence and ab/dl forums for years. From what I've read, ab/dl types who want to become incontinent are advised to wear and use a diaper all day, every day. If they do that faithfully for long enough, they are told that they may eventually become incontinent.

Nevertheless, from what I've read, incontinence is hard to achieve even for those who practice regularly using a diaper for long periods. Some people eventually succeed, but many do not. Thus, my feeling is that you have little to worry about if you use your diaper to avoid interruptions at work. You probably won't make your incontinence any worse than it is or is going to become as a result of your medical problem.

But that's just my two cents' worth.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 24, 2014 10:23 am 

I think I add my agreement to that. As long as you have the feeling of needing to go, which distracts you from what you are doing, then you can hold on to use the toilet. Using the diaper for convenience at such times isn't going to change that. However, you could probably attempt to hold on for longer which will keep the various muscles and sphincters in good form.

of course, at home, you can always leave the diaper off and go when you need to.