www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 10:02 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2014 9:00 pm 

Hey all..
First, i must admit i am relatively new to wearing premium extended wear diapers.. I don't usually wear them in my day to day life.. i have worn and used my medicaid provided attends.. operating on a change when wet basis.. thus, i am less expereinced with premium diapers.. so i guess i don't know how exactly its supposed to fit versus a standard diaper.. and I'm also learning when it comes to taping.. taping too tight versus too loose.. I always try to tape as tight as i can... and a good rule of thumb for me is that i have a good seal at the legs without gaps..

With Gary's A+4 i was excited to read about the improvements, and was eager to try the new and improved version.. and it had been a while since i wore them, so I forgot how they fit the last time i wore them. this time around.. it did seem that the wings did not leave much wiggle room.. and if i pulled too hard on the tabs they would rip.. so i pulled the tape as tight as i could without ripping it.. and the first two times i put on a brief succesfully..(one time i did not becuase the tape ripped off in my hand), the waistband both front and back had gaps between my belly and the front of the diaper.. do i need to up a size? I did try to tape tighter on the top and it seemed to eliminate the gapping waisband issue.. I don't want to use up too many diapers on the test phase, because i won't have a lot left for actual extended wear use.

I would appreciate comments and suggestions.. did anyone else have issues with fit using this product?

Peace out!

Rob

PS.. forgot to say im currently using a size medium.. and i really want to make this diaper work if i can because it has all the absorbency i would need in an extended wear and have a lower price..

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 3:19 am 
Admin

I never had any issues with fit, other then that they run larger for a Medium then the Tena Supers do, so I trim them down to fit better, other then that, they are at the top of the list for added protection when needed, nights for me. Puffy

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2014 7:45 am 

Rob,

For the better quality extended wear diapers, don't forget to tape the lower tapes slightly looser to allow for the expansion of the mat as it absorbs urine. If you find that the tapes come loose or tear, don't hesitate to reinforce them with Duck tape, etc. I tear off a four inch long section of Duck tape, tear that lengthwise, and use the two strips to reinforce the upper tapes. It has been almost infallible. I am not going to address the question of whether we really should have to do this, just that it works.

--John