www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sun Apr 28, 2024 5:33 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 4:30 am 

Hey,

Looks like molicare is not going to work.. its out of stock on walmarts website..and they only sell by the case.. I can't afford to spend 100 dollars at a time.. looks like im going with Gary's brand, northshorecare, or Abena..

Is Tranquility ATN More or less absorbent than molicare? If i can get it for the right price..that might be an option.. along with Tena Super.. I think maybe ill get a brief variety pack from HDIS.. even though i don't like their prices..if I find a diaper in their samples that works.. maybe i can get it for less on another site...

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 6:55 am 

I would not fool with the Tranquility if I were you. I just got finished looking at them and I don't know how they can call it "All Through the Night". Good coverage but very thin and not much padding. If you want to try them, go to North Shore's website and ask for a sample. I got two for free.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 3:15 pm 

I was not impressed with the Tranquility ATN. The cut for my body shape doesn't work well (they are high rise wth small leg holes, I prefer a lower rise and larger leg holes, like a Tena). Apart from fit, they felt uncomfortably wet on my skin and didn't hold enough liquid to justify the price.

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 5:55 pm 

Thanks for the input guys.

Yeah, its going to be a learning curve, figuring out exactly how much absorbency I need in extended wear and finding ways to make the diapers i do buy last as long as possible. The situation that requires the most planning and experimenation now is this.. I plan to reapply to the special needs camp I've worked at for 3 summers. I plan to have the same position more or less as before.. before the 7 week camp session starts, i will be washing dishes fulltime.. then part time backup/assistant counselor, part time diswhasher.. My work day willl begin at 6:30 or 7 in the morning.. and will go on until 9:00.. sometimes 11:00 depending if i have rest or not. Between then.. I can see only having 1 or 2 opportunities to change. I also don't plan on reducing my fluid intake.. when its summer.. you need to drink lots of water... the 24 hour nature of the job means that in addtion to not hcanging for long periods of time.. I also wouldnt be able to drop what im doing and go pee at a moments notice.. I might be able to.. but. its preferable to not.. especially when i have campers to watch/take care of.. given these cicrumstances.. im thinking Abena, Dry 24/7.. or Gary's A+ level 4 for most of the day.. and my medicaid provided attends when I don't have rest duty.. The main difference I see between Gary's brand, abena and Dry 24/7 besides a little less absorbency is two have leak guards and one does not. There will be some days where i will be able to change more often.. I do get days off every week or so.. but for most of the session i will prbably need the highest levels of protection. It will be an interesting challenge to figure out how to get what I need without spending too much.. but i can do it :)

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Fri Jan 09, 2015 1:05 pm 

I've noticed it is changes in manufacturing or what is carried by suppliers that has prompted me to go back into the experimentation stage every now and then. That I think is what drives me nuts most about this. I find what works then something changes and it's back to the drawing board, getting samples and buying and trying. Every so often something new comes out and I give it a try. It might change my normal stock or it may not.

Rob, I would suggest you do give the Seni Quatro a try from XP Medical. As stated in other threads, it may cost you a bit more but it does hold up well and will give you extended protection. Plus with it being breathable, I would think that would be more comfortable over the summer.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal