www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:27 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 9:07 am 

Hey all,
Up until now i have been utilizing Tena Slip maxi for extended wear both when i subsitute teach and my Walmart job. But, since Tena slips are expensive.. and don't seem to last as long without feeling uncomfortable as say Confidry, abena or molicare.. I sampled some more extended wear types from XP medical..my lot this time consits of Abena Abriform M4, Abena Delta form.. atttends extended wear.. Molicare Super and super plus, and just to keep an open mind about pullups..Abena Abri-flex.. Since i read on XP medical's site that Molicare had wood fibers that made it good at wicking I thought.. hey, this should be comfortable wearing for an entire half shift... well.. it was, right up to say 4 or 5.. it was geting quite fulll. and leter on on the night i thougt id better use the toilet some since the brief was getting full... you see, at work i make a point of not using the toilet if I can, because I honestly found that I was much more productive if i just let the diaper do its job and changed when i got a break rather than dropping what I was doing to go pee.. So, in order to get away with that.. I need a high cap extended wear brief.. When i first dealt with this.. i alternated between Gary's A+ 4 and Confi dry.. I might have to go back to using them.. but tonight I thought id give Molicare a try.. since i do belive Molicare is on the Walmart website, and it's posisble i can use my walmart discount to save money on them. So, I guess the Molicare did not last as long as I wanted to.. granted, I was drinking more than I usually do.. two Powerades.. in order to combat the ill feelings of brochitis.. I learned tonight that even with extended wear briefs.. it might be neccesary to carry in my cargo pocket an emergency attends..just in case.. so I'm going to start doing that. Lets just say after i pulled it down to use the toilet and pulled it back up.. the font right side had a hole in it..and i could see stuffing leaking out.uh oh..thankfully i made it home with no wet pants.. YES!! and have vowed to always have backups from now on.. Will i use Molicare again in the future? Maybe, because it might be ideal given a different situation..

Has anyone used the Molicare Super Plus with success? How long did you get out of it before it needed changing? Comments are apprecaited!

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 11:59 am 

Rob, the Molicare Super Plus is a pretty good diaper. During my bad bladder incontinence period I used it alone and with a booster pad. The maximum absorbency is not as great as some other diapers, but it uses longer fibers and tends to make better use of the diaper's matting. My problem with it is my personal anatomy not getting a good fit, rather than the diaper itself. On me it tended to bulge out very noticeably in the front sides.

For urinary incontinence you probably are correct about Gary's A+ level 4 or the ConfiDry being your best bets for long-term use.

Yes, Walmart does offer the Molicare Super Plus. If you pick it up at a local store there is no shipping charge.

--John

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:13 pm 

In regard to Walmart having the Super Plus:

Would the box be discreet as to avoid attracting attention as to what is in it while i pick it up? Or is it marked?
Would It be discreet if had it shipped to my apartment?
It will be a balancing act...saving money on extended wear vs finding the right combinaition of absorbency and capacity...

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:04 pm 

Don't XP Medical deliver in plain packaging? I don't think any of the products are made in plain packaging but my experience is the stuff is boxed in plain boxes when it is sent.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 1:39 pm 

Yes, Wheels.. XP Medical always has plain packaging.. but I'm talking about buying Molicare off Walmart.com's website, because I work at Walmart, and get a 10% discount card good for general merchandise, and last I checked, is good for the website too. Since I have reduced my income voluntarily, saving money as much as I can on supplies is important. I'm extremely grateful to get most of the diapers I need on a daily basis through medicaid..I just need to buy extended wear diapers out of pocket..

Peace out!

Rob

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2014 6:15 pm 

Hello,

Now I know why molicare did not perform as well as i thought it was. Here I was using Tena slip Maxi, which according to Gary.. whose expertise we all trust, im sure.. has an absorbency comporable to the Abena Extra. I just looked at XP Medical's test and review page.. and wouldnt you know it.. the Molicare Super Plus is less absorbent than either hte Abena extra OR the Tena slip Maxi.. and here i was thinking that it would hold more.. boy was I wrong! Ok.. For extended wear, i think ill stick with Gary's A+ level 4..dry 24/7..northsore care..or an upper tier Abena product.

By the way, right now i have on Abena's Delta Form M3.. when i tried one on earlier.. I was't too impressed with the way it fit.. but that was due to me applying it standing up.. I put this one on laying down and it seems to fit better.. I like the velcro tabs.. they are similar to the attends breathable tabs im familar with.. Ill post back later when i had a chance to test absorbency... but im sure it will do better than Molicare super plus did.. heh..boy was I ever off on that one!

Peace out!

Rob

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2014 2:08 am 

Hi Rob: I guess you got your answer on the Molicare ... For extended wear, it's really hard to beat the 24/7. And for the money, Gary's A+ Level 4 is *fantastic*! Given that you are being cost conscious, I'd recommend the A+ Level 4. Nevertheless, you would just need to balance your WalMart discount for the Moli's and the trouble you may experience vs. the cost of the security of something like a 24/7 or A+, Level 4.