www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 1:06 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2014 4:34 pm 

Ok, this morning, i woke up at 8:30 or so.. and sat in my chair.. felt a full bladder.. wanted to delay as long as possibe.. ended up leaking a little into the brief.. most got into the toilet.. so... this morning, I decied to to get some excercise at the local fitness center.. walking/running on their track..figured id better wear a tena slip maxi.. but.. it remained unused.. i was able to go from 8:00 to 1:00 pm or so without using hte bathroom..and without leaking.. now without a baseline of fluid intake when i do wet vs now..its hard to say whether im improving or not.
Here's something weird.. when you expereince incontience on a daily basis.. you get used to it being "normal" ..and when it doesn't happen, of course your'e happy because you no longer have that inconvinenence, but then, you wonder.. could it come back later in a different cirumstance? You're never quite sure.. and part of you expects it to happen..so maybe you psycologically make it happen..am i making sense?

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 2:34 am 

Well, I did not flood..but the diaper did have a spot on it.. and my urine was dark yellow.. and ive noticed that both times i used the bathroom today it seemed to be less. is this room for concern? I seem to remember having a day like this the other week or so at work.. wetting a little bit in to the diaper.. and the urine looking rather dark.. along with both times diffuse pain/discomfort in the pelvic region. I will definetly mentinon this to my urologist on my Monday appointment.. I did notice rather sharp pains when i subbed last week which went away when i drank water... One thing that concerns me is the literaature mentions one possible side effect of myrbetriq is urinary tract infection.. heh.. so.. instead of having a healthy urinary system that sometimes leaks.. i could possibly have a not so healthy one that doesnt leak as much..but has bacteria growing in it.. UMMM.. kinda like a rock and a hard place isn't it? Of course these concerns may be unwarrented.. Thankfullly i dont have to wait long for my next appointment.. its this Monday. :)
Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:29 pm 

I tried Toviaz. I noted that it reduced my urinary output and my urine was more concentrated than I'd normally allow it to get. It did reduce the frequency of accidents because my bladder simply wasn't filling. Unfortunately, my urethra began burning on urination. I would normally increase my water consumption to correct this and prevent a UTI from taking root. I could not drink enough water while on Toviaz to dilute my urine enough to take away the burn in the reconstructed portion of my urethra. I am under my surgeon's advisement to maintain a level of hydration that does not cause issues with the reconstruction. Couldn't do that with the Toviaz. I began feeling quite bloated from the liquid input with substantially reduced output. I discontinued the medication when I began showing signs of a UTI. It was like Niagra Falls opened up for a while after that :/