www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 12:38 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Oct 22, 2014 4:16 pm 

Hey..

Dealing with incon while subistute teaching has definetly posed interiesting situations.. at one school I subbed at..i got a full hour lunch, and the shcool was close to my apartment building..so i went home to change at lunch.. but.. today i subbed at a different school further away from my apartmetn.. and i only got a half hour for lunch... The solution i came up with was boosting the Wellness brief with the booster pads i get free from J and B.. and guess what.. it worked. I went from 7:30 this morning to 4:15.. i decided not to try to use the toilet because i didnt want to risk rippping hte brief..so when ever i needed to pee.. i went in the brief... and other than odor which was sligtly detecable.. I'm no worse for the wear.. but i think next time ill bring a change with me and figure out a way to carry the used brief with me and then dispose of it at home...odor issues make it so you dont want to push extended wear if you dont have to...peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 5:54 am 

Rob, the Wellness with a booster pad is a good solution! The total absorbency should be tremendous.
Please note two things. Be careful about flooding because the booster pad occupies much of the space between the standing leak guards. If you tend to flood it can cause a problem as urine may flow over the leak guards before it has a chance to be absorbed by the booster pad or diaper. Fortunately the Wellness Superio Signature has unusually high leak guards. Secondly, you may wish not to tape quite so tightly (primarily the lower tapes) as before in order to allow more space for the booster pad to swell with the absorbed urine. Otherwise you risk tearing the plastic shell or popping a tape.

--John