www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 2:26 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Extended wear options...
PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:09 pm 

Hello,

Well, now that my issues have resurfaced, for how long i don't know.. but for the immediate future, i need to start once again thinking about extended wear diapers for work enviroments, since Medicaid only covers the attends, and I just dont know if id feel comfortable wearing a standard attends breathable even with a booster all day.. because I started subsitute teaching again, and there will be times where i can't leave the classroom to change or use the bathroom.. which necessitates extedned wear, especially since faculty restrooms are not the most private places to change.. but i suppose its more private than Walmart public bathroom. Anyhoo.. since i need to wear dress slacks when i subsitute teach, and those tend to not give much diaper room.. i need a discreet trim fitting diaper... my first thought was Tena slip maxi..but, alas, they are out of stock on XP's website. Thus, i went ahead and ordered a bag of wellness superio since i had good results from when i wore wellness... I definetly remember them being less bulky and bulgy than the A+ diapers..

Id like to hear input on what folks find works for them on extended wear thats discreet under dress clothes.. Has anyone tried the northshore care brand? would they be as discreet?
Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 3:46 am 

Hi

I note from your post that Medicaid only cover Attends. In am in the UK and during the day I wear Attends Active Slip Regular Plus. For me they look just like normal underwear and are very decreet the absorbshion for me is perfect and I wear fixation briefs to acheive a snugger fit.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2014 9:15 am 

Rob,

I'm very impressed with the new extended wear diaper Northshore has marketed. I think its better than the Abena M4, and just as absorbent as the Dry 24/7 with a much better fit without all the bulk. However, quality does not come cheap but if you only wore this diaper on special occasions maybe that would be your best option. You can get free samples so I would say give it a try and see what you think.

Good luck.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 1:54 am 

John, where exactly can you get samples? I did not see a place on Northshore Care's site for them..can you point me in the right direction?

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 10:02 am 

sociologygeek wrote:
where exactly can you get samples? I did not see a place on Northshore Care's site for them..can you point me in the right direction?

I used the "Contact Us" area and sent a message through the website asking for samples. They were very responsive. Alternately you could call them and ask for samples as well.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal