www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Mon May 13, 2024 6:55 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2014 8:19 pm 

Hello..

While other people may be somehwat upsent over a new occournce so soon after being dry for a period of time, I have resolved to not stress out. I knew this was a possibility, which is why i kept protection around in my apartment just in case. It seems apparent to me now that i may never be "cured" Cure implies permanently in underwear. But then i realize, I AM wearing underwear, just the disposable absorbent kind. In an attempt at humor.. i came up for a pet nickname for my incontinence debacle. I dont suffer from OAB.. i suffer from WBS... Wonky Bladder Syndrome. Meaning, that i can be dry for weeks, months, years, and then for vairous reasons or no reason I go back to having accidents.. I suppose the goal for me is not to be cured, but to stay dry as long as possible. I realized that the biggest issue with incontinence is the rash part of it. Wearing diapers isnt that big of a deal in and of itself. It's only a big deal because society has made it one. I don't know if you guys heard, but Depend is starting an underwareness campaign to bring awareness to the fact that its just not the elderly that deal with incontinence. This i applaud, despite the fact that Depend is a subpar product to begin with....but getting rid of diaper stigma is key to helping those deal with this problem.

I suppose you could say..and i know that having incontinence is NOTHING like cancer, cancer kills people etc etc... I know..this is just a very loose vague metaphor.. WBS is a chronic condition with perioids of prevalenace and remission. ..and the treatment i just undewent is like atreatment.. and being dry is like im in remission.. and then it coming back is like the chronic conditons coming back.

It's just something i have to deal with... without shame, guilt or embarassment. Mom thinks that stress is a trigger for this, and i think theres some credence to that theory, since this recent occurance happened the night i found out a co counselor died. At first, i didnt think it was, because i had some pretty stressful times; in 2012, i had a 20 hour week job that was very stressful..but was dry... I guess sometimes i dont have control over what causes my bladder to get wonky.

So, with all this being said, do i plan to see a uroloogist and go through the biofeedback again? Well, yes.. because its possible that if i do the excersises daily, and diet.. i might have a longer time of being dry. Same thing with following the diet.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2014 9:45 am 

sociologygeek wrote:
I don't know if you guys heard, but Depend is starting an underwareness campaign to bring awareness to the fact that its just not the elderly that deal with incontinence. This i applaud, despite the fact that Depend is a subpar product to begin with....but getting rid of diaper stigma is key to helping those deal with this problem

Well, yes we have heard about this. Check out this discussion. viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1450

Thanks for bringing it up. And I can kind of understand your comparrison to cancer with remission and re-occurance. But then there are some of us that never have remission from incon. We just deal and move on. I'm so happy, now that you bring it up, that incon is not fatal! I don't know how I would deal with that.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2014 5:28 pm 

Being dry is a bonus for the occasional wetter.
I have been wet every day of my life.
Only when I use my penile clamp do I become "dry".
But that's a false dry.
But having said that, I do not "accept" being wet all the time.
I'll always try to find a better product to combat the wetness.
pullups,pads,plastic pants,clamps.