www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 6:23 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:23 pm 

Hi all,

I experience a light form, or let's say a manageable form of incontinence, rational spoken...

I'm sometimes dry for a few nights in a row. This makes me happy but leads up till now every time to frustration when it goes wrong again. I would even say that I'm less frustrated when I have let's say 5 wet nights in a row compared to 1 wet night-2 nights dry, a wet night again,3 nights dry, wet again and so on. It drives me crazy. As if you think that all is fine, no it's not, yes you imagine all, no it's not and so on. It swings you back and forth. Aaahhh

Am I the only one experiencing this 'twilight feeling'?

Cheers bob

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 4:43 pm 

I hear you, bob - it's the same with me. It's so disappointing to have wet nights after a dry period. I just decided to stop keeping score and take each wet/dry night as it comes. I'm a whole lot more relaxed and content.

Wetters

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2014 5:48 pm 

You have my every every sympathy. I am fortunate not to have incontinents issues whilst I am asleep. That being said I can wet anytime from starting to wake up to actually falling asleep. I stopped counting a long time ago too depressing.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 8:38 am 

I'm in the same boat. Dry nights, dry days, and then neither. I'm to the point where I wear some kind of protection 24/7. My situation is so unpredictable I guess I'd rather be safe then sorry.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 9:18 am 

I feel your pain here too. There are times I just wish it would be consistant. Then at least I could plan around it. I guess I'm just stuck taking everything with me everywhere I go just in case. And nights! Don't get me started there! I find that sometimes I wake up in the morning wet and I have no idea when in the night that happened. Other times I wake up and I'm wetting. Then there are the times that I wake up feeling like I have to go to the bathroom and as soon as I change position, flooding the diaper, so no chance of even making it to the bathroom. Then I'll have those days that I wake up dry and as soon as I start heading out of the bedroom I gush. It does get on my nerves but I'm to the point I almost just don't care anymore. What happens is going to happen and that is why I wear a diaper in the first place.

"There is no human problem which could not be solved if people would simply do as I advise." -
Gore Vidal

PostPosted: Tue Sep 09, 2014 6:05 pm 

Once again, I think you've struck a chord with a lot of folks on this one too. Though I don't have problems with nighttime wetting either. I have small accidents after urinating during the day (extreme urinary frequency) sometimes the accidents are small minor and sometimes much larger......the ups and downs really cause me a lot of anxiety......I sometimes wish it would just make up its mind......

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2014 4:18 pm 

Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I'm glad this thought seems to be shared by more of you.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 11, 2014 8:48 am 

The first question that comes to mind is knowing the type of incon you have? I "assume" it is "stress" incon, and if so, I would think anytime you don't leak day, or night would be a bonus, or at least that's the way I would consider the situation, but I will be the first to tell you I know nothing about stress incontinence except for the fact there is such a thing.

Maybe I don't understand, but why be frustrated at all? Why not be happy that your dry some of the time? I try not to be so negative about my incon,...things could always be worse,..plus think of the savings you have by being dry. Even mother earth likes it when your dry assuming you use disposables. :D

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2014 5:33 pm 

Five dry nights in a row, all going in the right direction...YES!.. Last night while watching a bit of TV (ready to go to bed so to say) I could not hold it up any more. During the first few hours of the night my blather kept my busy as well. Pff...The counter is back to zero, Nada, nothing, niente. What can I say.....
No, it's not over, I'm still dealing with a problem, it is there, always around the corner to surprise me when I don't need it....
Bob

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 4:08 pm 

I can DEFINETLY relate to the stress that unpredictable inconteince can take on you.. my situation is kinda weird, seeing as how i was dry for 4 years and then sudddenly out of the blue had a reoccurance, and they never really did explain why, to my satisfaciton, why i ha that relapes in the first place.. the pt did say something.. but I dont remember what she said. Sure, being dry is great..but you want to stay dry.. without having to work at it.. For me, my incon could not have reoccured at a worse time... I've started substitute teaching again, and the issue i ran into today was i had time to change when i was wet, but had no way to discreetly dispose of the wet diaper..yes, i could throw it in the regular trash, but how much would it smell before the trash was taken out?? At walmart i dint have that issue, since i was the one who usually took out the trash in the bathrooms anyway.. Oh, not to mention on Thursday and Friday I might be showing up for a jury summons..and it could be several hours of sitting aroun waiting for them to decide whether or not they need me.. the situation you'd want an extended wear diaper on.. except i dont have any.. The best i can do right now is attens breathable with an disposable insert.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II