www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 10:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:01 pm 

The title says it all.. ever since my incon reared its ugly head 5 or 6 weeks ago.. wow, has it been that long?...I have not had a diaper leak on me in any position, including sitting. Now, with my incon the way it is, it is rare for me to have a wetting episode while sitting, but it has happened, like just a half hour ago.. I had a Restore brief on.. and i will say both times i put one on, fit seemed a bit iffy. Since i am having to change diapers with limited finger use in my left hand due to my recent injury, i cant say whether that is the way restore will fit in every situation.. but anywhoo.. as we all know, one of the most vulnerable positions for a disposable is sitting... the diaper in question did have standing leak guards..but i did notice padding coverage wasnt as generous in front as it is with other briefs ive been wearing.. so.. needless to say, im not quite ready to trust restore in public.

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 6:50 pm 

You did not mention .. nor did you even 'hint' that you are using 'waterproof-overpants' on-top-of your absorbent pads / briefs / pull-ups / diapers. I can NOT IMAGINE NOT wearing plastic / rubber / polyester / or other 'waterproof-overpants' COUPLED WITH COTTON underwear BETWEEN the 'waterproof-overpants' and the absorbent protection to absorb leakage therefrom. As I have many times posted here .. I 'beat-the-drum' for using knee-length (you may call them 'bloomer's if you so wish since this is what-they-are) 'waterproof-overpants' to ABSOLUTELY 100% ASSURE ME THAT THERE WILL BE NO LEAKS WHATSOEVER .. IF I USE MY BRAIN TO CHANGE MY ABSORBENT PROTECTION when I feel that it-has-reached-its-absorbent-limit.

I also use the best-available absorbent products money-can-buy .. Abena .. Tranquility .. Molicare .. Prevail .. all of them maximum absorbency or Night-Time Quality .. often WITH BOOSTER INSERTS as well ..

If you choose to NOT wear 'waterproof-overpant' you may wish to wear black solid color clothing since leaks are not so visible. Smiles and Good Luck ..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:07 pm 

No, i have not been, but doing that has been in the back of my mind, along with purchasing onesies.. im holding off on that until i know whether or not biofeedback for my incon will work.. you have to understand.. i only make so much money at walmart.. and id rather not spend money on something that i wont be able to use long term if the incon goes away. I suppose it could be donated.. but then again, who would want used plastic pants? Dont worry Tewi.. since this is the very first leak ive had, im inclined to think it was the fit of the brief wasnt quite up to par. At work im wearing dry 24/7 or garys absorbency plus level 4..those havent failed me yet :) yes, may be overkill some nights...but after having attends that seemed to be near saturation..i thought i could use the extra absorbency. Methinks the main cuplrit was lack of padding coverage.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 7:17 pm 

Thanks for your sudden / quick acknowledgement .. since you have been a member since June 30th of 2008 .. and since you have posted four hundred three (403 and counting) posts .. maybe I should be listening to you .. Smiles and Thanks Again for some feed-back ..

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:27 pm 

Tewi, I note your mention of Prevail. I recently discovered their pads, which I use as boosters. They are generously-sized, pliable and highly absorbent. They remind me of the old-school sanitary napkins I used back when my night wettings were much less frequent and intense and I didn't require a pull-up.

Wetters

Last edited by Wetters on Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2014 8:35 pm 

Tewi,

Thank you for saying so... let me point out this is the first leak ive had since my incon began recently.. i had plenty of leaks between 2008 and 2010..1 in public. And just because you only have 24 posts does NOT mean you have good ideas. Your idea is a very good one, and i'll look into seeing if i can get 1 pair locally for cheap :)

Peace out!

PostPosted: Sun Jul 20, 2014 1:57 pm 
I think you've discovered the value of 24/7s and Absorbency Plus! Couple either one of those, or Abena L4s for that matter, with abena's Abri-pant mesh fixing pants (available at XPmedical for about $7 per pack of 10), and you will, I think have added another secure measure against leakage. I diaper up at night, normally with 24/7s, put on a pair of the mesh pants and avoid any leaks despite heavy wetting during the night. That system would work, it seems to me, during the day as well, even sitting. Give it a shot!

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:20 am 

Tewi,

The undewear over the diaper trick but under the plastic pants has proven to be a very good solution! it has helped me stop minor leaks with abena and A+ and ConfiDry. THANK YOU so much for suggesting it! I now wear nylon pants and underwear over my diaper as an extra precaution when i'm not sure about the seal at the legs. It works beautifully..awhile ago, i was wearing abena, and i realized that i probably saturated it.. and there was some leakage..but not on the pants except for a few drops! The underwear absorbed most of the overspill! Awesome idea..thanks so much!

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:17 am 

I am confused my friend .. You posted and I answered you on July 3, 2014. We are now well into 2015. ANYWAY .. it makes my day to think that I have assisted in any small way another human being walking the walk of life! Best Wishes My Friend!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 12:13 am 

I've just been playing 'catch up' on this thread...must have missed it or was away the first time around.
but...wanted to add:

yes, cotton pants over the disposable BUT under the plastic has come to my attention here recently and it works
splendidly! always nice to pickup in a new idea at well into over 20 years dealing with a tricky bladder.

Also to TEWI: I should have commented at the time, but a while back you mentioned your use of long leg or
'bloomer' vinyl pants. You are one of the very few I've ever known to use them, let along mention them here.

I've used both rubber and vinyl bloomers for a long time as the ultimate assurance against leaks during periods of
extended wear and the heavy wetting I tend to experience time to time. Often, people have no clue why I use
them or even know what 'bloomers' are! To me, they cannot be topped for the best protection from embarrassing
leaks that I know of....and now with the cotton pants under them, it's a big improvement beyond what I thought
was already quite good. I know years back a lady friend in college who experienced nightly enuresis used bloomers
with cloth diapers...so that's how I knew even to try them in the first place. When I first became incontinent, I could
only find them in Sear's Mail Order Medical Supplies catalog...but have since located other sources that serve me well.

Anyhow, Kewi, I guess there are two around here who are members of the 'bloomer' brigade and I'm happy to see you
are offering their use as suggestion to others.

Be well all, and keep up the good presentation of ideas here.

John.