www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 3:50 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Mon May 26, 2014 10:56 am 

Hello my friends,

Well, for those who dont know, my leakage has resurfaced.. which has me buying protection.. and i thought since I'm back in the market for incon supplies.. i thought id give the newer products from depend a try.. the real fit.. i dont think i would trust it in public..but for home use should be ok.. well, i tried out a sampler of the depend undewear for men and the real fit.. and i must say i'm actually impressed. Padding coverage is a lot higher up than it used to be, waistband is more discreet, and the crotch has less gaps than other products i tried.. looks like depend reallly tried to improve their product.. those of you who know me know that i distrust pull up undewear and stuck with briefs throughout my incon ordeal..overkill or not, they always provided the most secure feeling. i also wonder if their guards have improved.. not that id use them in public, again.. id only trust a brief in public.. but it might be good for going around the house in.. thoughts?

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Tue May 27, 2014 10:17 am 

I like the underwear for men. I have never tried the Real-fits.....maybe I should get a package of them and try them out. I can get away with wearing pull-ups/pads to work, whereas I don't usually dare wear regular diapers to work......

PostPosted: Wed May 28, 2014 6:12 am 

While I normally use plastic-backed taped diapers, I keep some pull-ups for use at home to cover brief periods such as between a bowel accident and my shower. The Real-fits definitely were comfortable for me. I would think that they would be useful for daytime use for anyone with light urinary incontinence who does not need a taped diaper.

--John

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 12:48 pm 

JD,

Unfortunately, id classify my incontinence as anything BUT light. indeed, this latest reoccurance matches almost exactly my last symptoms, and that ranged from dribbles to spurts to full on floods. I learned very quickly that MOST of the pullups on the market are way too narrow to provide adequate protection in the crotch..so if the fire hose was pointed outside the padded area.. leak city. not to mention they didnt fit snugly. the only two exceptions i saw to this were tena and attends. however i still prefer briefs for the simple reason that no matter where my hose is pointed, or the amount of leakage that occurs, im protected for at least two or 3 wettings. Can you say the same for a pullup?? I think not,except for one of the premium pullups..like abri-flex.

theres also the fact that briefs are actually easier to change on the go, especially if they have velcro tabs... i did a changing at work in probably less than five minutes.. just drop the pants.. whip off the used one..wipe..tape on the new one, and youre good to go.

PBJ, as far as not daring to wear a diaper in public.. how long have you been dealing with incontience? when you say you get away with wearing pull ups.. is it because your life revolves around using a toilet? Or is your incon light enough and sporadic enough to only have a few drips here and a drop there? if so, I envy you. By pads, i assume you mean guards..ugh.. i could NEVER get those to stick comfortably and stay in one spot...
If you can truly get by without being chained to a toilet and dont have to change that often, yeah i can see you continuing to use pullups. I don't know your whole situation, i havent read your posts. Proteciton is a very personal choice for each individual.

However, if the only reason you dont want to wear briefs in public and theres a chance that increased protection would help you stop living your life revolving around a toilet, and youre concerned about bulge or noise.. let me say i wore my pants a size up, and either used diapers with a cloth backing like tena ultra (which have AWESOME tabs and make toilet use easy..) or i put on plastic pants or underwear over the diaper to cut down on noise.. and never once did someone ask me are you wearing a diaper, or whats that noise?

Peace out!

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2014 4:56 pm 

I've found quite a few pull ups that work well. There's tranquility - 34 ounces, tena super plus - 30 ounces, depend real fit - 27 ounces. At the same cost, briefs might be 24 ounces for overnights. So that being the case, tena super plus is my go to for protection

PostPosted: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:49 pm 

I have no problem wearing diapers in public. I usually wear regular diapers for all but going to work. My incontinence is on the lighter side. I can hold it and make the toilet in time, I just leak and leak after for a while. Plus I go to the toilet 15+ times per day. I can get away with a pad/pull-up at work......

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2014 10:44 am 

The Real Fit does fit great and feel just like normal underwear. However, any diaper has a saturation point. Once you reach it, it will start to leak. To avoid an embarrassing mishap, it is best to change diaper as soon as soiling occurs and not wait for multiple events.