www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat May 04, 2024 10:34 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 3:36 am 

Will you be able to wear a onesie with metal buttons or will it set off the alarms?

I ask because apparently, I cannot get any onesies with plastic buttons - and I have to fly a a lot, meaning going through countless checkpoints.

I just don't want to set off an alarm....but still need the onesie to keep things snugg and discrete.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:11 pm 
Admin

I am pretty sure that the metal screeners will pick up the snaps on the shirt, but it should be easy to explain. I am sure at this point in the game, they have seen it all, and an adult in a diaper is not going to be anything new, so why not a shirt to match? Yeah, it's a diaper shirt, but they work! :lol: Puffy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2014 8:24 pm 

To ' keep-everything-in-place ' why don't you use rather snug fitting spandex control briefs to ' keep-everything-in-place ' .. I have used them for years and they work perfectly. When a Molicare Super Brief with a high quality 'booster pad' gets wet .. the weight would have the combination down-to-my-knees were it not for the support of the spandex control briefs! Good Luck ..

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2014 2:29 am 

I wouldn't use plastic snaps since I don't think they are as strong as metal ones. I don't think you have to worry about metal detectors. They can't be that sensitive or they will catch the metal zippers in pants.
I actualy wondered about diaper pins. They are bigger and most people use at least four. I for one never flew in anything but a disposable, but I can concieve someone wearing a cloth diaper for the return trip home.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 3:40 am 

Anyone knowing what type of scanners they have in Frankfurt airport? is it the "full body scanner" as in the US which will show if your protection is wet, or is it the older ones, which only picks up metal?

I'm going to Germany in two weeks for a business meeting, and will be traveling with two colleagues, which don't know I'm incontinent, and I prefer it to stay that way.
So the question is, can you get through the check in, in a wet diaper in Frankfurt Airport without being questioned?

Orly in France I could, but that was also a rather small airport.....

Just for the records, I don't like being in a wet diaper, however this is something I have to - due to my situation, but I do like to preserve my dignity and not having to either tell or show others, that I have to wear!
Diapers help maintaining my dignity, but only if no one knows!

Being incontinent is still an embarrassing thing to deal with, at least for me!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 4:51 am 

I don't believe you will have a full body check when you get into Germany. Last time when i got into Germany i had only a metal detector. They wanted to check my hand luggage on explosive and handled all very politely. The German border patrol is very professional and not aggressive (quality is their national pride) and in case you would expect trouble, just tell them. I believe they would take you to a descrete area. They try to serve, I would not worry.
Bob

PostPosted: Sun Aug 31, 2014 7:15 pm 

As Bob did, I found the German airport security to be very professional and courteous. My diaper was not wet and I was checked with only a hand scanner.

--John

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2014 5:55 pm 

I have flown through the Frankfurt airport earlier this year and several times in the last 2 years. They were not using scanners earlier this year, but are very thorough in the searches at security. I was wearing a diaper all of the times through security and had no problem. I usually try to wear a pullup or a thinner diaper until after I clear security and then change into a Molicare super plus, or Abena M-4. I don't think being wet would affect your clearance through security, but I think I have mostly been dry as we went through. Hope the trip goes well.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2014 9:38 am 

When I traveled to Seattle, US, I was taken aside after the full body scan since my urinebag was visible on the scanner. Then I showed them the TSA travel Card http://oacif.org/onewebmedia/Travel_Card_2011b.pdf, they took a drugtest on my hand and I was free to go. No problem at all.