www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 12:42 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:35 pm 

Hi!

So a few months back while I was still working at the door as a greeter, there was one night where my bladder just kept unleashing torrent after torrent, and I was concerned whether i had enough disposables on hand to get me through the night. That brought me in to see my urologist's PA. She put me on Ditropan, and then my urologist increased the dose to 2 pills twice a day. It had a marginal effect on episodes, but it made me constipated. So I stopped taking it. I at one time did notice an apprecialbe difference in the frequency of wettings while at work, but I never know wheter its due to the meds or if its my bladder's natural pee cycle. Urodynamics did show I had some OAB tendencies. Ever since I started pushing carts, the amount of episodes has decreased. Instead of several smaller wettings, I have noticed after several hours, the floodgates just open and I get a rather large wetting. I then go change if possible. This is probably due to sweating most of the fluid I take in back out, rather than coming out in my urine. As such, its not such a bother that I need to take meds for it, especially if they contribute to my constipation. Have any of you stopped taking an OAB med because you didn't see a lot of benefit and it started making you constipated?

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2024 10:27 pm 

Thanks to your experience, and that of others, I have NEVER EVER ONE TIME taken any medications to stop a natural bodily process. I DO use Booster Pads with wrap around briefs. Tranquility brand are excellent. Thanks for you post. Sign me as Tewi

PostPosted: Wed Feb 21, 2024 11:15 am 

Years ago, when I first was forced to manage incontinence, my family physician prescribed medications that were supposed to deal with my bladder spasms. They did not work as advertised, and the side effects were the pits. Several surgeries and medications later, I manage my incontinence now with diapers and the occasional antibiotic for urinary tract infections.