www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 6:52 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 1:01 pm 

Hello! I just thought I'd put out a notification to my fellow incontinents that I have experienced problems with the bag of Confidry I bought recently. For several months/years (not sure which) Better Dry has been my staple go-to extended wear brief for pretty much every situation (vacation, working at Meijer, sometimes casual wear out and about) but I thought I'd take another crack at Confidry because of the review on Real World Incontinence showing that the confidry topsheet keeps the skin drier than other briefs. But let the buyer beware! What is normally a very high quality and reliable diaper has recently had some manufacturing issues according to the folks I talked to at XP Medical. Of the bag I tried, I wasted 3 diapers just putting it on with the tab popping. I tried not tugging and got it on OK. I prefer a snugger fit. On one of the few ConfiDry breifs I got on successfuly, I went to readjust the tabs to get a closer fit, and they came off in my hand. Sigh. Well, looks like I'm sticking to BetterDry for now. The only reason why I considered another diaper was because while wearing it, my skin has become subject to jock itch down there. Not sure if thats because of the brand I'm using or how frequently I change the product, but I'm just trying to keep the jock itch at bay. But with the tab issues I have with Confidry, I can't trust them at work. I just can't. XP medical is sending me a sample of the Beyond brief.. which I am looking forward to trying out. It seems that the Beyond brief is not currently available on their website. I'll call to find out whats the deal and let y'all know.

Peace out!

Rob

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 3:44 pm 

I've found that most of the super premium diapers can last me 10-16 hours without leaks. However my skin really takes a beating and starts to get irritated whenever I wear any diaper for more than 8 (maybe 10 max) hours. With this situation in mind I only use a super premium diaper for certain unusual situations. Skin cream applied beforehand does help extend the time I can wear the same diaper but I can still get some irritation or a rash after 8-10 hours.

I really don't have what I consider to be sensitive skin but I am interested to hear if others have this same issue when trying to wear a diaper for an "extended" period of time.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 4:02 pm 

Padded53 wrote:
I've found that most of the super premium diapers can last me 10-16 hours without leaks. However my skin really takes a beating and starts to get irritated whenever I wear any diaper for more than 8 (maybe 10 max) hours. With this situation in mind I only use a super premium diaper for certain unusual situations. Skin cream applied beforehand does help extend the time I can wear the same diaper but I can still get some irritation or a rash after 8-10 hours.

I really don't have what I consider to be sensitive skin but I am interested to hear if others have this same issue when trying to wear a diaper for an "extended" period of time.

im guessing with the 10 hours your incontinence is of the slow continous drip type, yes? Me, I sometimes flood so a premium diaper will not last anywhere near that long .

"THERE ARE FOUR LIGHTS!" - Captain Picard from Chain of Command, Part II

PostPosted: Fri Jan 15, 2021 6:29 pm 

sociologygeek wrote:
im guessing with the 10 hours your incontinence is of the slow continous drip type, yes? Me, I sometimes flood so a premium diaper will not last anywhere near that long .

Although I do have a lot of after dribble when I am able to get to the toilet, in general my voids are of the "mini-flood" type. However the difference is probably that I have a very small bladder, only about 250mL (8 oz) max, so my floods are small and the premium diapers handle multiples of them easily. Some of the premiums are better than others at oder control but I think after about 8 hours in a diaper urine (at least mine) seems to start producing a lot of Ammonia and that is what will burn/irritate your skin very quickly.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 18, 2021 6:46 pm 

I tried the Beyond XP diaper and loved the sample. For what it is worth, the plastic was soft and comfortable but the printing shows through light color slacks.

Marcus Aurelius

PostPosted: Tue Jan 19, 2021 1:56 am 

woops wrong thread