www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:13 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Boingo diaper fasteners
PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 10:55 am 

For those of us, who like myself, have been incontinent for years with no expectation that this will change, I recently discovered Boingo diaper fasteners. My inventory of diaper pins are aging to a point well beyond usefulness. They are dull, despite having been sharpened numerous times; some of them are rusty, so that soap lubricant no longer works, so I stuck myself repeatedly using them, and some of them broke instead of doing their job. I was dubious that Boingos would work, but they do indeed. They are expensive, but they do work.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2020 1:19 pm 

I tried the Boingo diaper fasteners. I didn't really like them that much. I broke a couple of teeth on one and gouged a finger or two trying to get them to hold a prefold tight enough to stay up. I'm fairly active person. I moved on to Snappi #2 fasteners. They stretch quite a bit across the front of a diaper and with use elongate some over time. They hold the waist snugly like an elastic band. I think there are a few other people around the forum that use them too. You might look into giving them a try.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2020 5:51 am 

I've tried to get hold of them in the UK but it seems nobody is importing them anymore - all I can find are people charging crazy amounts for a product that should cost a few pounds. I would like to try them as an alternative to the Snappi as I've not been able to pin my cloth prefolds on effectively.