www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:04 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Snappies, pins or?
PostPosted: Sat Mar 31, 2018 6:42 pm 

I lead an active life so I am using paper diapers right now and feeling the guilt for filling the land fill so much. I would like to use cloth diapers when I'm home so I have been trying different pail locations, laundry practices, etc. to see if this might work after I retire.

I have a week at home so I can experiment with cloth diapers while out working in the yard, running errands, and all the other things I normally do in disposables. My question for all of you is - how do you hold them up? I've been alternating between snappies and pins. So far the snappies are winning. Just curious what others have discovered after more time.

Post subject: Re: Snappies, pins or?
PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 10:51 am 

I've been using snappies for years. I like them much better than pins. They are quicker and keep diapers snug. They do seem to stretch out. Twice the 'hook' part fell out. I've actually never broken one. When they get too stretched, I replace them. In 6 years, Ive replaced maybe 3-4.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:40 pm 
Admin

I have used only pins.
I have not tried the Snappi yet. How do you put them on?
Im going to assume that you do have one on each side with 2 points on the back and one on the front.

I did see them on Amazon and they have 2 different sizes.

Schoppy

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:13 pm 

I use the size 2 and apply them them pretty much like the pics with baby diapers show. Pull diaper up and around back of waist; pull front of diaper up to front of waist; pull one side of back of diaper over front of diaper and hook snappi about where you'd put a pin. Repeat on other side and hook other end of snappi. These things stretch a lot. If you don't use a large diaper, you may be a bit challenged to connect to ends of the snappi to the edges of teh back of the diaper. Size 2 Snappi's start at ~5 inches and after a few uses stretch out to about 9. They are hard to stretch to a point of breaking. I haven't come close to managing that. Hope the description makes sense. Perhaps other users could add a bit. These things work for me and hold the waist of diaper in good tension. Thank you for the site!

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:59 pm 

I too have only used diaper pins (stainless and adult size 3") but i am open to new ideas. Papa

PostPosted: Fri Apr 06, 2018 6:27 am 

I've tried the Snappies, but most of my cloth diapers don't overlap enough. It is a good system, I wish these were made in a much larger size.

I often use Boingo diaper fasteners instead of pins. These work good for me