www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 6:29 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Tue Aug 29, 2017 7:26 pm 

Thanks for kind words Papa, It means a great deal to me. The issue of finding another wife has crossed my mind. I don't think I would mention my diaper wearing right away as this may not be the best of selling features. Ha ha. I don't t think there is anyone who could replace her, but I am not all that thrilled about being here alone. Also I agree on all you said regarding cloth diapers, they are so much better for me! Thanks -Tom

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:56 pm 

I am starting to wear cloth diapers. I have worn throw aways, but they add to the landfil.
Tonight is my first night.
I have enough control that I don't need to wear anything during the day. During the night I have to sedate myself to sleep.
So I got some prefolds, birdseye material. I have the pins and plastic pants. Mine are 2/4/2 I'm only going to wear one tonight and see.

Anything I should know??
Thanks

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:46 pm 

diaperdan wrote:
I am starting to wear cloth diapers. I have worn throw aways, but they add to the landfil.
Tonight is my first night.
I have enough control that I don't need to wear anything during the day. During the night I have to sedate myself to sleep.
So I got some prefolds, birdseye material. I have the pins and plastic pants. Mine are 2/4/2 I'm only going to wear one tonight and see.

Anything I should know??
Thanks

Hi diaperdan,

Have you checked out the Diaper Primer on here? There is some good info there. It may take some trial and error to get the combination that works best for you. I made the transition to cloth at night a couple months ago and it was a good move for me, but I had to try a few different types and boosters to get the right fit and absorbency. I don't know how much you wet at night, but a 2/4/2 is pretty lightweight. Good luck and let us know how it goes for you.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2018 9:52 pm 

Dan, the idea of wearing protection is... protection. You will never have too much protection, only too little. Double up. I can't remember the last time i leaked through. I sleep soundly and for years now have not worried about what the morning will be like. If cloth diapers are comfortable for you then use them for their superior absorbency and relax. Papa

PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2018 2:49 pm 

Hi I started this thread last year.

When I first heard of adults in cloth diapers, I thought it was the silliest thing I ever heard. Now I wear them almost exclusively. Two reasons - comfort and protection. But you need lots of fabric. I can’t count the layers but I wear two night weight gauze cloth diapers - day and night. I’m always comfortable and rarely get wet spots. I conceal then with full cut elastic waist jeans. No one has ever said anything and if someone does, I guess I should be flattered that some one noticed a 62 year old man. The bulk of the diaper doesn’t bother me at all and even when I’m very wet I’m still comfortable. Usually go 6-8 hours but at times it’s been 12 hours before I change with no leaks. I’m like Papa, I get up in the morning and don’t want to shower until I’ve had coffee and read the paper and a thick diaper allows that to work.