www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:44 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Diaper disposal
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 6:37 am 

Hi friends,
I'm here seeking help. It is regarding diaper disposal. Interestingly, it is not from our house rather my neighbors. We are in good terms with our neighbors but things get murkier when they dispose of the diapers of their 2-year-old child in my compound.
There is hardly any separation between ours and their house. So the babies diaper are always dumped by the side of our house. My constant request has all gone on deaf ears resulting in tensions between us. I don't prefer to indulge in any encounter rather stick to cordial measures. I'm planning to give them the contact details of a bin rental service which are cheap and reliable. I hope that will work. Do you have any other suggestions???

Post subject: Re: Diaper disposal
PostPosted: Wed Aug 16, 2017 3:29 pm 

Your question, although off-topic (this is an incontinence support forum), appears to be valid enough to merit consideration and response. Taking into consideration the background info you provided (and it's been my experience that people often leave out important details of their story), I'm sorry to say that cordiality doesn't seem to be working in this case. People who discard dirty diapers (or anything else, for that matter) inappropriately create a situation that's beyond laziness, bullying, or whatever else they're trying to prove.

I'm not sure where you're from (or want us to think you're from), but your situation is beyond one of social (in)consideration. Your neighbors are creating a sanitation concern that I'm sure is against local laws that are likely in effect almost anywhere.

Socially aware people wouldn't discard used diapers on your property in the first place, so it's no surprise that your "constant request has all gone on deaf ears". If your neighbors are not from a "developing" country, there is no language barrier between you, and you've politely requested to no avail that they stop discarding their used diapers on your property, I think it's time for your local constabulary and/or social services department to intervene. You ultimately may need to have your dispute resolved in a court of law. I think your disposal bin idea is a good start, but I'd be surprised if it solves your problem outright.

W.