www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Tue Apr 16, 2024 2:01 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Plastic Pants
PostPosted: Fri Jan 20, 2017 8:10 pm 

Hi all, so I am trying the cloth route again...
I have several ACD night weight diapers, but I am having issues with the plastic pants and I think that might be why I am leaking. I read in another post to get the highback PUL pants from fetware, but how do you measure?

My problem seems to be the exposed material near the top that seems to always drift out of the plastic pants, causing leakage through then night onto the sheets. If my pant waist size is 32, do I do that for a mean on the plastic pant size? Or do I do two sizes up? One size? I Don't want to spent $28 a pant to have it not work.
For reference, I am using the night weight pre fold with thee to four baby diapers inside. It's more than enough for my night leakage, but the plastic pants that I own just don't go high enough to cover the diaper with room to spare.

I appreciate the advice!

Post subject: Re: Plastic Pants
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 4:35 am 

There are several vendors that sell the high back plastic pants beside Fetware. I've purchase these pants (high back) mostly for night wear over cloth diapers. The high back plastic pants provides protection over the top of the diaper so when your laying in bed flat and the diaper becomes wet, it "should" not leak from the top when wearing the high back plastic pants.

I highly recommend trying some.

Hope this helps.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2017 8:21 am 

Tarlton,

Trying to get the right size when you order a new product for the first time can be frustrating. You probably require at least a size Medium in the Gary Hi-Back No-wick PUL pants. In addition to accommodating your waist size, you must allow for the bulk of the cloth diaper. Rather than a "fit," you need a "loose fit."

I use night-weight pre-folds with two thick booster pads and needed to go up a size larger than the charts indicated to allow more space for the bulk of the diaper. When I first received the PUL pants I thought they looked way too large, but they fit perfectly and no more leaks. :D Good luck.

--John

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 3:59 pm 

As with anything new the right size is essential . You two must wet a lot more than I do at night. Two night weight diapers have served me very well, no leaks ever and I wear for 2-4 hours after I wake up. Although I do get up early 4-5 AM. They work exactly as diapers should and are comfortable. Cotton or Paper? I take cotton every time. Being in diapers 24/7 can drive you nuts, but not having diapers would be unthinkable. Papa

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 7:43 am 

Papa,

I wear only one night-weight diaper but with two heavy cloth booster pads (10 layers each). That gives me approximately the same useable absorbency as I get from two night-weight diapers. You may recall that I have overlaid two cloth diapers, but the two heavy booster pads put the absorbency where I need it most. Like you, I do not change immediately after getting up in the morning. I usually change at about 11 hours after I pin on the cloth diaper.

Re plastic pants, I am glad that I moved up another size. They look very large but permit plenty of space around my bulky night cloth diaper and I have had no leaks since using them. I wear a Large in a disposable diaper. Over a disposable diaper I wear a Large PUL pant. However, with night cloth diapers I now wear the XXL PUL No-wick Hi-back pants.

--John