www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 3:03 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 2:47 pm 

I have been peeing more at night and finding my Confidry 24/7 leaks some times and almost every time if I am sleeping in my side so I am thinking about trying cloth diapers.
my question is when you wet in a cloth diaper do you always feel wet or is there a layer that helps keep you feeling dry like the disposable diapers do.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 6:37 pm 

I'm in the same boat. I use confidry and sleep in my side. If this is all I use they will leak on me most every night.

I did try cloth diapers, but found I needed a lot of birdseye, flannel, etc layers (about 8 total). This added bulk eventually gave me hip problems so I had to switch back to disposables.

Eventually I came across trying baby diapers as boosters. After some experimentation I found cupping them over my member, then diapering up, worked best. This method seems to allow the baby diaper to absorb my flow, and then slowly redirect it back towards the middle of my diaper. This lasts me all night, and an hour or two into the morning. Best of all, I might only leak once a month now.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 31, 2016 7:27 pm 

Becoming accustomed to having enough cloth between your legs to assure you an uninterrupted night's sleep can take time, and, as with Brian, can occasionally cause other problems. However, if you persist, the reward can be well worth the effort.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 03, 2017 1:49 pm 

I don't know. It's one thing getting used to extra material between your legs, but it's another when that material over your hip bones.

Getting used to the material aside, laying on you back or stomach likely won't do any damage, but lifting my hips up an inch or so really threw my spine out of whack really fast.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 11:48 am 

All I use is cloth with diaper covers. In fact they are cooler in the summer months.