www.incontinentsupport.org

Support for dealing with incontinence
It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 8:52 am

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Plastic pants or PUL ?
PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:59 am 

We are lucky to live in these times over past years because of the advances made for incontinence wear.
Better diapers, even cloth diapers have improved. Recently the creation of PUL pants for diaper covers has opened even more choices. They are more expensive but last longer. I still prefer plastic pants but have also bought the PUL. I just prefer the lighter weight and thinner elastics at the waist and leg openings. Both come in colors/designs which is good. I also wear snap-on plastic pants especially in summer and more and more now in the day because they breath so well. I can't wear them at night because I am a side sleeper. If you are new to all this, experiment, it will make you happier after you do. Papa

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 7:20 pm 

I wear the PUL pants from dmponline during the day and over disposables when I wear them, and clear polyurethane pants from Angel Fluff at night.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 06, 2015 9:54 pm 
Admin

I too wear PUL pants over my disposables, but at night with my cloth diapers I wear plastic pants.

Schoppy

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2015 4:35 pm 

I really lilke the PUL pants especially here in Texas in the summer. I usually wear cloth lined plastic pants at night over my disposable diapers. I always wear the PUL pants during the day.
Gary

PostPosted: Sun Jul 16, 2017 11:47 pm 

I really like the Leakmaster side-snap PUL pants during the day. The small openings between the snaps at the hips really help to provide a bit of air flow to keep things cool. As previously mentioned they probably aren't a good choice for wearing to bed due to the openings between the snaps.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:51 pm 

I have two sizes of the GaryWear PUL covers: one "normal" size for wearing over disposables, and one "oversize" (1 size larger than normal) for wearing over cloth.

PUL is so much cooler in the summer time.

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:57 pm 
Admin

Not a fan of plastic at ALL< and the fabric kind I have fron Kins are at their lifespan. If anyone has a good source for Garywear PUL pants at a good price, feel free to share, I have yet to see them under $30 a pair...

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 1:31 pm 

Puffy Pants wrote:
Not a fan of plastic at ALL< and the fabric kind I have fron Kins are at their lifespan. If anyone has a good source for Garywear PUL pants at a good price, feel free to share, I have yet to see them under $30 a pair...

You can get them for around $25 dollars a pair on Amazon I think at least for some sizes and colors

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:55 pm 

I had never worn PUL pants over cloth diapers in the 14 years since i had to go back to wearing diapers. I have worn them over disposable diapers but always relied on plastic pants over cloth diapers. Since a lot of you have been talking about how you like the PUL with your cloth diapers i decided to give it a try. I can see why you like them. I still wear plastic pants over my diapers at night but more and more are using the PUL in the day. More comfortable...why have i hesitated? I think because i go with the "If it ain't broken, don't fix it" attitude. But lately i have hit that wall where the "same old, same old" thing has grown... well... old. Why we switch from this to that, i guess, is wearing the same thing day and night just grows boring or monogamous, even though it works. Now i am looking into the AIO PUL diapers with inserts. I am ordering some from a company called ecoable. Just two sets to try them out, including a Christmas print and another print. It's the season! and I have decided to "let go" some. With the inserts they say they will work at night... I hope so. What do you that wear PUL have for advice, if anything? Have you tried the AIOs or just use the PUL over your cloth diapers. Let's hear your thoughts. Papa

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 1:55 pm 

I guess that changing out of boredom is not in my experience. Manufacturers and suppliers change their wares so often that keeping aware of everything the current marketplace makes available is a survival tactic. My experience with PUL pants over daytime protection is that they work well. My daytime protection is usually lighter than my nighttime protection, which suits the PUL well; I doubt that PUL would work so well over heavy night diapers.